jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Hub or Spam? What to flag

1. 0
    JeanMeriamposted 6 years ago

I was looking through the latest hubs and quite a few look like spam to me, but I'm not sure what exactly is considered spam besides the blatant.

So if someone signs up and their hub is about their own company, yet has no links to get to that company is that still spam?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Admin makes all the actual judgments on what is spam or not.  So if you see something suspect, you can flag it and admin will review the Hub.

3. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

No, many hubs are just that, an advert for something the hubber wants to promote.  Spam would have to include links to divert traffic away from this site and in a manner that is overtly promotional or an attempt to circumvent the profit model set up by HP (such as placing links to an Amazon product on ones own web site in an attempt to bypass the purchase originating on HP)

The hubs you refer to are probably not quality hubs and will get little attention from the SERP's anyway. Sometimes, I'll just send a message to the hubber and make a suggestion on how to improve the quality of the hub or just vote it up or down. I never report hubs as spam, though I do report forum posts when I come across them.

4. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image75
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 6 years ago

Spamming is either posting large numbers of hubs with similar content or with copied content.

Hubs with large number of promotional links are overly promotional hubs.

Hubs about own company without a link to its web site is not a spam. It is not necessarily a low quality hub. It can be a high quality hub depending upon content.