jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (19 posts)

Bearing False Witness

1. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 7 years ago

Gossip Is Bad but giving untrue Witness against someone is the worst....

Recently on another thread I posted a comment which is here
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/37850?page=8#post866006

The other hubber posted this comment
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/37850?page=8#post866028

But then the thread was closed and I couldn't reply to her.

Because I respect and like Tantrum I didn't want her to think I was saying Nice in a good way..
    So I posted her a message which said
    "Tantrum..I couldn't post to you on the other thread because they deleted it but I want you to know when I said "Nice"
    I was being rhetorical and didn't mean nice in a good way. I don't want you to think I am cruel"

But when I posted this many people came in and said unkind things and wanted to know what I was talking about..My comment back to them was that Tantrum will understand..
    They told me because I posted it I had to tell them..

I was told by hubpages not to post personal messages..I was told by others I couldn't post a note on the forums so I deleted my comments...

Others told Tantrum I had a problem with her or something to that affect....I had no problem...yet now I can't prove it.

Gossip Is Bad but giving untrue Witness against someone is the worst....I can't believe the remarks made to me....

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I must be getting tired. I could not work this out. I am sure you did not say anything mean Deborah, so I will just accept what you have said. Must be past my bedtime! smile

1. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Earnest..I have always thought honesty is a virtue and have no reason to lie.

What time is it there?
        It's 5:31 AM here.

wow! It is 10pm here in Melbourne. smile

1. profile image0

Well..got to get ready for work now..I will be working while you are sleeping...lucky you.

A very early start there Deborah. I do feel very lucky not to face your job, that is for sure. I have the utmost respect for your profession. You guys are real heroes (and heroines of course)
              When I had my cancer ops it was the nurses who were straight with me, kept me entertained and laughing, stood up to doctors for me, and saw me back to good health. More power to you lovely lady. Go getem! Theatre work must be rewarding too.

1. profile image0

I wish I had been your nurse...

I would have liked that! smile

1. profile image0

Oh..do you have an accent like Steve Erwin? did...

2. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

I am sure she will understand and read this thread smile

1. profile image0

Thank you, yes we already spoke about it...Love her...

Thanks again for reassuring me.

1. yoshi97 profile image88
        yoshi97posted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's often best to handle these issue through personal emails as others tend to get involved without knowing the full spectrum of things ... and that often leads to a lot of misunderstandings.

Tantrum's a good gal, so I already assumed you two would work things out, so this advice is more for those who would follow.

If you ever have a misunderstanding with a fellow hubber take it to email, be cordial, and work it out amongst youselves, rather than allow a chorus of many forums members to cross your signals. smile

1. profile image0

There was nothing to work out with Tantrum   but thanks anyway.

2. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

She has a large heart, her and I have had our indifferences but she is still a great person, it is always nice to have someone edgy and I give that to her. smile Hubpages would be odd if she were not here. smile

1. profile image0

We didn't have a problem..The others told her I had a problem but I have provided links to what happened.
          I didn't tell the others what my post was about so they started stuff with me.

working