jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

I love Paris - but hubby won't fly. City of Love my a*#

1. Journey2244 profile image59
    Journey2244posted 6 years ago

I really want to go to Paris, but my husband will not fly. However he is ok with me going. Do I go alone or stay home. Paris is the city of love and I would love to share it with him.  At the same time I don't want to not go on this trip because of his fears.

what's a woman to do?

2. livelonger profile image90
    livelongerposted 6 years ago

Put him on a boat! Or go with a close friend. It's a romantic city, but I've loved going with friends, too. (Just avoid the tourist-traps - by far, my best time in Paris was with a high-school friend who had lived in France for years, spoke French, and knew of all the cool places to go to.)

3. europewalker profile image81
    europewalkerposted 6 years ago

My husband doesn't like to fly either, but he has a couple of drinks before he gets on a plane and then he fine. Paris is a beautiful romantic city,he should go with you.

4. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

You didn't say what's at the root of his not wanting to fly, but if it's anxiety/fear based, here is a little info that might help:

Natural anxiety relievers--check this out:
    phosphatidyl choline

First helps calm the nervous system
    Second helps calm and restore brain balance
    there are hubs about this, or you can google for more info.

CBT= Cognitive Behavioral Therapy might help if there are additional fears.

I don't like flying, but not because of fear. It's just very uncomfortable and noisy. But it's better than driving in a lot of cases!

If all else fails, go with a friend. Bring back lots of pics and wonderful stories, and encourage him to work toward taking such a trip with you. Give him time to prepare and enjoy it.

1. Journey2244 profile image59
      Journey2244posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, I will check it out.  He seems to have this build in fear of flying, boating, and riding on a train.  The only thing he will do is drive, and that can't be over 4 hours. It's madness!