jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Low Hub Scores

1. Trish_M profile image89
    Trish_Mposted 6 years ago

Hi smile

I have read how important it is to keep ones hub scores up. One person wrote that they should always be above 74, I think, so I always hope to keep mine above 70, by tweaking them a bit.

I am still in the learning phase, but, so far, I have been reasonably successful, most of the time.

Today, though, 9 of my 49 published hubs have a score under 70. I know that these numbers go up and down, and that, in the past, my hubs with low scores have soon gone up above the magic '70', but how concerned should I be?

Tricia smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Our scores bounce up and down, often for no reason it seems.  Don't worry too much unless they stay low.

2. fastfreta profile image81
      fastfretaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Actually when they say the hubscore should stay above 74, they're referring to the author hubscore.  Since yours is 88 you're fine.  The individual hubs should stay above 45 or there abouts to remain viable.

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I believe the hub score is 50 or below and the author score is 75 or below. 
    here is a hub which explains the scores well.

3. Trish_M profile image89
    Trish_Mposted 6 years ago

Ho smile

Thank you both for your help.

That's reassuring!

I'll read that hub, Rebekah, thank you smile

4. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Hubscore is pretty much irrelevant, the Authors Hubscore needs to be above or equal to 74, and an individual hub must be equal to/above 40 to enable do-follow links on a Hub,this will not realy affect inbound traffic or sales though!