Adding Adsense Unit Code to my HubPage

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image94
    mistyhorizon2003posted 8 years ago

I am new to Hubbing so am finding it all rather daunting at the moment. I have successfully added Amazon and Ebay to my site, and Google has accepted my application and given me the relevant code which is entered on my "Affiliate Settings", plus my status shows as being "Active".

What is still confusing is that the "Adsense Unit Code", (the large block of text and characters they tell you to insert on your site). I am not sure how to go about this as even the guide provided by Adsense on how to do this does not make sense, as I can't change to HTML view, or view the "source" of the page to insert it. The directions they give you on how to insert the code on your site do not help, as there is no "File, Edit, View" etc links at the op of the page when I am editing my Hub. Can anyone please tell me how I enter this on my site and where, and if it is necessary to do so if I want Google Ads to appear on my site that are relevant.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

2. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages smile

You don't need to insert any code here. Site software does this for you, you just let it know what your affiliate id is - which you did already. So that is it.

You don't see ads on your hub because there is a site wide problem with ads currently. Nobody have them right now. And no, this does not happen often. In fact, it happens for the first time since I'm here - and this is more than half a year.

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image94
    mistyhorizon2003posted 8 years ago

Thanks so much for replying so quickly and putting my mind at rest. Much apprecieated. big_smile