jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Remember Me

1. William F. Torpey profile image82
    William F. Torpeyposted 6 years ago

How do I get the computer to remember my HubPages password when I sign in? When I check off "Remember Me" my computer forgets. Either I have a defective computer or there's some kind of trick to it. (Up until now I've been typing in my email address and password each time -- but I'm getting tired of doing that.)

1. thisisoli profile image56
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That happens to me quite a lot too, fortunately i leave my laptop on most of the time so it keeps it saved tongue

William F. Torpeyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've written it enough times to remember it, thisisoli, but it's still a pain typing it in because its lots of letters and numbers.

2. Shirley Anderson profile image84
      Shirley Andersonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't have an answer for you, William.  Just wanted to say that I have the same problem at different places.  I count on those things to remember because I can't!

Hopefully, someone from the HP team will pop in and help.  Or you could email them.

Thanks, Shirley. I'll wait to see if anyone has the answer. I'm sure there are hundreds of hubbers who know the secret.

3. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey William,

I am going to try and help you with this problem, but I am unsure if I can explain it in the detail you need to do it. But, I'll try.

(a) you can look into the desktop software you are using, to find password storage. It should be in your help section.
      (b) if you have your disk clean up on a scheduled task, then it could be wiping out, the cookies required to remember them.
      (c) if you have a different cleaner for your machine, such as CCleaner(which I use), you can choose what is saved during the cleaning phase, and it will store them, and wipe-out everything else.

I am just trying to cover all the bases. I even could have left out other possible things. However, I do believe your passwords are embedded into your browser, so you can recall at any time, and that's a feature of it. So, it leads me to think (a) would be best.

But, that's just what I can think of right of hand. smile Good luck. smile

I appreciate your explanation, Cagsil. Unfortunately my lack of expertise on the computer makes it difficult for me to follow your advice. I might be able to work it out, but it will take me a year and a day (not your fault, mine!) I'll keep working on it. In time, I may get results. Thank you.

working