jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

where do they go?

1. 0
    Lecieposted 6 years ago

i have a question about kroger stores. when someone forgets their kroger card the store has some ready. you think, oh good i can still save money. my question is what happens to the points that were earned from your purchase? is the store manager earning free items and discounts off of your purchase? shouldn't some of those points find their way onto your card? where do the points go? this has been driving me crazy all morning. anyone out there maybe work at a kroger store that can enlighten us on this matter?

1. Pandoras Box profile image84
      Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If it bugs you they can generally access your card with your phone number.

1. 0
        Lecieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i have had several phone numbers and can't remember the one i used when signing up. i asked for a new card and was told that each cutomer is only allowed one card. if i lose that card they simply give me a new one but will use the information that was on the previous card. from what i've been told they will not let me update the information. i just wonder why and where those points go. i guess i'm just weird but i see it as a big mystery and probably will not rest until i have the answer.

2. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

You get the discount but nobody gets the points.  Those cards are basically blanks and are not associated with a points earning account.

Did that sound like a good explanation???  My 13 year old told me that's how it works and since he can program a DVD recorder and I can't I believe him.

1. 0
        Lecieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

it makes some sense. just curious how they set the system up that way. but at least my question has been answered. i can't program a dvd recorder either. feel old now, my birthday is next month i think i'll ask for a manual on how to prgram electronics.lol i hate the thought of being dumb at something a kid can do. so you have succeeded in turning my attention to something else. thanks for the help.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

some other stores that promote discount cards - donate the points to charities (some grocers that I'm aware of)....and ask customers if they want to donate the points on their particular cards.