jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Do allegorical hubpages fare well?

1. Sparhawke profile image60
    Sparhawkeposted 7 years ago

I am working on a new hubpage, one that swaps abstract concepts and gives them personalities, but do they do well at all?

Imagine Windows for example as Darth Vader, and firefox as Jar Jar Binks, Anakin as IE and Opera as Yoda (This isn't what I am doing but hope to put my point across in this way)

What I mean is, will anyone understand what I am trying to explain or will they simply roll their eyes and turn away? I find it much easier to give ideas personalities, I find it hard to speak in pure logic...would anyone at all read it?

1. Norah Casey profile image78
      Norah Caseyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I would love to read something like that. I've come across a few allegorical hubs that were sent to us by users who didn't 'get it,' but they were really quite awesome articles. I say do it, though choose your category wisely and maybe throw in an allegory tag. smile

1. Sparhawke profile image60
        Sparhawkeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your words Norah, I will go and research what others have done to try to emulate their successes smile

I don't suppose I could press you for a hint in the right direction? smile

1. Norah Casey profile image78
          Norah Caseyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I've just dug around, and I can't find the two I'm thinking of specifically. I look at about 300 hubs a day, and I came across these about two weeks ago. Far outside my ability to remember user name or titles. Sorry! smile

I'm sure you'll do fine. You could always put a good one together and see if the hubbers in Extreme Makeover have any suggestions

2. SiddSingh profile image61
    SiddSinghposted 7 years ago

working