jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Does anyone ever find HubPages via searches?

1. kwade tweeling profile image90
    kwade tweelingposted 3 years ago

Does anyone ever find HubPages via searches?

I ask because I've personally only found one article via Google search (two if you count the landing page when I was looking for a place to self publish). Other than that, everything I look at on HubPages is because I know it's here. When I come to do my own writing, or just to see how things are going with other people, is typically the only time I see the familiar logo.

So, I'm curious: Do you find yourself searching for something and end up here?

2. Kathleen Odenthal profile image94
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years ago

yes, I find them a lot, sometimes the first site listed. it depends on the topic, the amount of info available, the quality etc.

3. Chitrangada profile image75
    Chitrangadaposted 3 years ago

I do find them sometimes. For example, on a topic like freelance writing, I found quite a few on Google search. But I don't see them always and not on all topics (for example health and pregnancy). I've also seen some hub articles listed on p2, 3 of Google search.

4. Amanda Severn profile image99
    Amanda Severnposted 3 years ago

I came to HubPages because I searched for information on a particular plant, and found myself on one of Bard of Ely's pages. I'd never thought of on-line publishing before that happy accident, but I found I'd made a great discovery. I signed up then and there, and I currently have over 60 hubs published, one or two of which, often appear on the first page of a google search for related terms. I really hope that the Bard had a sign-up link in place, because I'd like to think of him benefitting in some small way.

5. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

It's not terribly common but it does happen. I would say that out of 50 searches, I hit hubpages 2-3 times. Considering how often people perform searches, that isn't a terrible number. But it also depends heavily on what you're searching for. For example, when searching for 'how to write a novel' it's incredibly doubtful that hubpages' articles on the subject will show up first because it's such a broad and covered topic. But hubpages excels on the oddly specific. So, if someone wrote a hub about 'how to write a fight scene between a t-rex and a giant ape' then anyone searching for that specific thing would always end up here first. You'll know you hit on a good search topic when someone steals your article.

6. Cymbre Martin profile image69
    Cymbre Martinposted 3 years ago

Yes, all of my pages are usually on the second third or fourth page of Google search

7. WryLilt profile image91
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

At least half my daily traffic comes from Google, so I'd say yes.