jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

URL Trackery query

1. Alison Graham profile image94
    Alison Grahamposted 6 years ago

Hi, I set up a separate URL tracker on my HubPages account to insert where I have created links to other Hubbers Hubs from my Hubs.  Can someone please tell me why there are two figures, traffic view and traffic to hubs (different figure in each)?  Thanks

2. sunforged profile image65
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

the first figure shows how many clicks- views have been created through that tracked link

the second shows signups

49332    14    24    1023

the third shows number of hubs created by sign up/referred users

the last shows number of views to hubs created by those hub authors you referred

3. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

I'm somewhat irritated that when you go to look at the individual Hubbers, it no longer shows how many Hubs they've each written.

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It still does show the number of hubs they've written, but its under "traffic to hubs".

I emailed HubPages HQ about this a couple of weeks ago. It should have that under 'hubs' and also have the stats of the views under "traffic to hubs".

Something interesting to note, unless I'm mistaken, "traffic views" don't actually count towards your own personal "Page Views" in your Hub Statistics page.

4. sunforged profile image65
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Traffic to Hubs (oddly phrased ?) equals number of hubs written by individual author - at least that metric still appears in my account

btw - the list of numbers I posted earlier - thats the stats from my main 60dc tracker - 50k viewers in less than 60 days! spread across the challengers! ( this doesnt include twitter and rss which had no trackers)

1. Alison Graham profile image94
      Alison Grahamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Sunforged, thank you for your very helpful answer.  I have only two new signups from that link, neither of whom have written any hubs (yet) but there is still a figure in the last column (34) so I'm not sure why that would be?

working