How do you think the world will be annihillated?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (38 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 16 years ago

Creative contest.  Most imaginitive wins.  Takers???  smile

What if an alien came down and zapped us?
    What if we actually got swallowed up by our own galexies black hole?

What if God actually did come and pick us up?
    What if a fireball fell from the sky?

What if whales came out of the ocean and ate us cause we ate all thier food?

I like funny, but most imaginative wins...

smile

2. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

I am least creative - it won't smile

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 16 years agoin reply to this

It's just for fun Misha, just for fun.  smile

3. futonfraggle profile image67
    futonfraggleposted 16 years ago

This is a good one. I need to put thought into this...Hmmm

1. profile image0

I am actually waiting for what you are gonna write, you crack me up.

4. William F. Torpey profile image71
    William F. Torpeyposted 16 years ago

That's easy. George Bush drops 300 Hydrogen bombs on Iran which starts a chain reaction around the world and ignites all of the nuclear bombs in United States, Russia, the United Kingdom, France and China -- as well as India, Pakistan and North Korea. The apocalypse!

1. profile image0

Does anyone live?

1. William F. Torpey profile image71
        William F. Torpeyposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Only  Dick Cheney!

5. Inspirepub profile image71
    Inspirepubposted 16 years ago

The mass of the printed material warning against the coming Apocalypse finally exceeds the mass of everything else in the world, and collapses on itself, forming a Black Hole, which sucks everything in, then the pressure and friction causes the Apocalyptic literature to explode out the ass end of the Black Hole, creating the Big Bang.

1. profile image0

thus, it starts again!  Do you think we will get our legs stretched out until they get pulled off and our eyes balls pop out of heads.  LOL. 

glad your back Jenny, I was wondering were you were.

2. futonfraggle profile image67
      futonfraggleposted 16 years agoin reply to this

LOL! I like this one

3. embitca profile image84
      embitcaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

This is my favorite theory smile

6. futonfraggle profile image67

Okay, I’m a nut, here we go:

1.  They say that the Earth travels around the Sun at a speed of about 18.5 miles/sec. It takes
    365 days to revolve around the sun. On the other hand, the planet Mercury revolves around the sun approx. 4 times faster than the Earth. It revolves around the sun every 88 days, thus there’s only 88 days in a year on Mercury. If I lived on Mercury, I’d be ancient.

Okay follow me here: If we were able to dismiss the idea of global warming caused by humans, could we assume that  weather patterns and seasonal temperatures were changing because of a change in Earth’s rotation?

Apocalypse Theory  #1: Religious texts say that the world will never be destroyed by floods again. Instead we’ll spin out of control, wonder why our days seem shorter, praise Al Gore for all his good work (and thank him for the internetz!) and basically ignore the fact that we’re spinning out of control until we’re hurled into the sun like a wiffle ball.

OR.....

2.  We find out that aliens built the pyramids in Egypt and we’re all a product of hot kinky alien sex experiment. Perhaps our founding fathers knew this, thus the depiction of Lady Justice (who resembles Ma’at the Egyptian goddess of justice), the pyramid on US currency, the eye above it (the eye of  Horus?), the latin words: “Novus Ordo Seclorum” or “the Great Seal” (the great seal of what??) and the Celestial falcon of Ra (an eagle, minus the tomal tooth). Call them Masonic symbols or whatever you want…I’ll stick with “the great seal” of non-disclosed hot kinky alien sex secrets!

Apocalypse Theory #2: UFO’s carry recycled souls from Earth (yeah, you get a flying VW when you die, you didn‘t know?) and they check up on us from time to time. They make crop circles just to scare the living day lights out of us and resort to probing people that are alcohol dependent and have problems telling the truth. Perfect!

They thought about wiping us out when the fanny-pack was invented (to save us from embarrassment) but decided to wait for us to mess up big time. In 2020 pet rocks will become a fad all over again (but this time they’ll be pet rocks from Mars!). The rocks will contain deadly microorganisms and we’ll all get our flying VW’s after all!

1. profile image0

Hot kinky alien sex experiments.  I like!  LOL.  Your number one so far.  Little did you know,  I devised a plan to take over the world. muuuhhahhahah.  How bout apocolyptic theory # 3.  I need more, your too inspirational. 
      smile  I knew our fore fathers were strangers, I just had a feeling.  smile

7. futonfraggle profile image67

I'd love to take a stab at a third, but I just opened a cold beverage and I'm afraid of alien probes big_smile

8. profile image0

What if it started to rain in space? Like the stars just start going nuts, like the Universe it'self just got knocked by something.   But in space it rains fire, like water, so we get wiped out
    by an intergalactic storm that causes all Hell to brake loose in Heaven.  Everything starts gobblin up whatever is in it's path, and we start mimicing space on a micoscopic level, wich inadvertantly leaked into our brains.  We finally wake up, realize the Earth is on fire, some force out there tosses the whole Earth around in space like a basket ball, playing intergalactic bowling, throwing everything into a pile, compiling us and everything in the universe, making the largest friggin fire you ever could think of. 

Then nothing..*crickets* dead silent, no sound on Earth cause it's gone, no sound it space cause it is gone, everything that ever existed just got recycled into the cosmic non existance, and one day, we are right here one more time, but maybe it's the other side of something you couldn't even phathom existed and that becomes our reality.

do do do do do do do. (melody) smile

9. Inspirepub profile image71
    Inspirepubposted 16 years ago

Earth gets demolished to make way for a hyperspace bypass.

Jenny (channelling Douglas Adams)

P.S. Mark must be asleep, or he would have said it first.

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image77
      Earl S. Wynnposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Douglas Adams! Haha!

Channelling a little celebrity of my own, I'm gonna go with a classic Eddie Izzard line and say the whole of civilization is just going to "slowly collapse, like a flan in a cupboard." haha.

10. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 16 years ago

I think it's going to be simpler than that, if Hilary Clinton gets in.  She said today that if Iran launched an attack on Israel, the US would "obliterate them".  So then Iran's allies would retaliate by launching a strike on the US, and the US would reply right back, and....bye bye world.

1. profile image0

Did she really say that Marisa?  I can't believe our world is so full of lunitics, not crazy hippi lunitics, but scary lunitics.  OMG.

Hey! I kinda sorta resemble that remark in a way! JK. haha.

11. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

LOL

Mark was indeed asleep. Personally, I think the cockroaches are next in line to be the dominant species whichever way we end up obliterating ourselves. I would have never guessed it would be a woman that pushed the button though.

12. Inertia profile image52
    Inertiaposted 16 years ago

I think that by playing with the magnetic frequencies of our planet,that we may just lose our pull and be sent spinning into outerspace.

13. Mary Tinkler profile image60
    Mary Tinklerposted 16 years ago

Extreme food shortages triggered by global warming, floods & drought...followed by pandemic drug resistant diseases.  Slow and painful if you're experiencing it.....otherwise just a blink of God's eye.

14. profile image0

what if the Earth stopped rotating and everthing that is not nailed down including the ocean waters and stuff, all floated up into the sky, and the sky became the sea, and lava shot straight up like a tornado, and lighting started coming out of the ground and when the vocanos emptie all of thier lava chamber we could see down into the middle of the Earth?

15. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

LOL if Earth stops rotating everything will go down not up wink

1. profile image0

huh?  smile

1. Misha profile image64
        Mishaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Yep smile Gravity. Earth is rotating pretty fast, and the force created by this rotation is subtracted from gravity. If Earth stops rotating, we all become way heavier smile If the stop is swift though, it would be a major disaster, but not of the kind you are describing... Everything will be dragged by inertia along the Earth surface, including ocean waters - another major flood big_smile

And we are talking not about Earth rotating around Sun, this will be altogether different story smile

1. profile image0

I thought the Earths rotation was the cause of gravity.  Like a large centrifuge.  Centrifigal force.  I suppose I do see what you are saying, and it's a mind booger.  Also like a centrifuge, that spins down and seprates blood from plasma.  So really (???) zero gravity would flip the world upside down.  I mean, flip everything in our atmosphere to swap.  I thought inertia was the accelerated force that caused lift, opposite of gravity.  Inertia wouldn't be possible without gravity, so I suppose I can see how we would get dragged flat to the ground in slow agonizing death.  LOL.   

So you are saying the massive drop in atmospheric pressure would flatten us like a pancake?  eeewwww.  And you said you would be least creative. 

You rock Misha!

1. Misha profile image64
            Mishaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Thank you smile

Now I feel bad about telling you you did not grasp the concept, though smile

Gravity does not go anywhere, whether Earth is rotating or not. It just is. And depends only on the mass of Earth, mass of whatever is affected by Earth gravity, and the distance between them.

For you staying on the Earth surface gravity is constant, no matter what. Every atom of your body is pulled down to Earth. Ever.

Now, centrifugal force works in the opposite direction - it pulls your every atom away from Earth. Try to recall the inside of your washer after it finished its cycle - all the clothes are pressed towards outside wall, right?

So centrifugal force decreases gravity, and if it disappears because of stopped Earth rotation, gravity becomes much stronger. I don't know how much stronger, but it all can be calculated - I'm just lazy to find the formulas now cause it does not really add to the point. smile

Inertia is altogether different animal (physics out there, I know that centrifugal force is inertia, I just don't want to complicate the picture smile). Inertia is the property of the matter to oppose changes in speed. It is the force you need to overcome when you accelerate or break. It is the force that kills people when cars crash.

Abrupt stop in Earth rotation is pretty much like car crash - everything that is not securely tied to Earth will try to continue it's movement along the surface of Earth, horizontally. The difference is the speed - in Earth case it's about 1000 mph on the equator... Now imagine ocean waters hitting Empire State building at 1000 mph... even at 500 mph...

1. profile image0

Misha wrote:

Gravity does not go anywhere, whether Earth is rotating or not. It just is. And depends only on the mass of Earth, mass of whatever is affected by Earth gravity, and the distance between them.

For you staying on the Earth surface gravity is constant, no matter what. Every atom of your body is pulled down to Earth. Ever.

Now, centrifugal force works in the opposite direction - it pulls your every atom away from Earth. Try to recall the inside of your washer after it finished its cycle - all the clothes are pressed towards outside wall, right?

I see, but when the washer stops, the clothes fall away from the sides.  Of course this is by the g-force, but without it, what would the clothes do?  Spread out, stretch, deform until it becomes a thin substance of something? 
              Like blowing smoke, watching it disapate until it becomes so thin it is unrecognizable? 

I posted another thread in the science forum.  Check it out, I am really interested in what you have to say, you set my mind a spin.  lol.  smile  It's a hypathetical question, what would happen if gravity failed to exist in the Universe.

16. profile image0
    SirDentposted 16 years ago

I believe the world will end when a group of red Ninjas, strategically placed around the world, break wind all at the exact same moment.

Definitely the scariest scenario so far. Haha.

How about this-- you know that buzzing sound you hear sometimes when wireless transmitting devices get too close together? Maybe wireless will expand to the point where everything is constantly buzzing and then the frequency will increase until everything just suddenly withers and dies away, lol.

17. profile image0
    Graceful Guardianposted 16 years ago

So we become like worms and crawl on the belly?If we are sucked to the ground without the pull?

1. profile image0

I think you couldn't even move.  but a mind booger no less huh?

18. profile image0
    Graceful Guardianposted 16 years ago

big_smile   mind boogers,LOL
    Somedays my mind is full of them.

19. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 16 years ago

How about this:

We gradually are replaced part by part by computerized body parts and nanorobotic thingies until we no longer have any living tissue left in our bodies. The human race dies out because these computers do not really need us anyhoo. wink

20. profile image0

that's like the machine replacing human intellegence.  It could actually happen. 

We feed the machine everything we know, pretty soon the adopt a moral and ethical understanding, are able to travel the distance in space, colonizing other plantes because they aren't confined to human vulnerabilities such as heat and air. 

Look out Terminator, the rise of the machine is being fead by human intellegence, set to colonize and destroy everything in it's path. 

The machines nemesis however, ends up being water. hahahaha.  So if human intellegence isn't smart enough to conserve our natural resources, we ultimatly become undone by our own makings and exessive living. 

smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)