jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

traffic slow because of world cup?

1. liswilliams profile image59
    liswilliamsposted 6 years ago

I was wondering if my traffic had dropped over the last week because of the world cup. How is everyone else doing with theirs? I can understand if it's because of FIFA because in Cape Town it's just one big party!

2. Richieb799 profile image67
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Mines stayed about the same, it's usually weekends I suffer anyway

3. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

There are two sides to this story. You could also ask "are people with world cup hubs doing well".... and the answer is yes. All of my soccer hubs are doing well traffic wise, although they are not making much money.... so nobody has to feel like they have missed the boat on some sort of hot niche!

4. liswilliams profile image59
    liswilliamsposted 6 years ago

thanks for the input smile

5. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Yesterday and today are probably slow because of Father's Day in the U.S.

1. 0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Its not just the US either Nelle, its one of those universal ones... 55 countries apparently.

6. chinweike profile image47
    chinweikeposted 6 years ago

I also noticed the drop. Not only in my hubs but my blogs. I hope it will restore from Monday.

7. englightenedsoul profile image60
    englightenedsoulposted 6 years ago

To the contrary, my traffic has skyrocketed in the past couple of days.  It is mainly due to the hub on father's day(2000+ hits in the last 24 hours), followed by my hub on soccer jerseys.  WIsh I had written more on both these topics.

1. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hope you are earning from them!

I really need to start writing more seasonal hubs!

1. englightenedsoul profile image60
        englightenedsoulposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, they are earning me.  Soccer hubs are doing well both in adsense and amazon and father's day is doing well in adsense.  These two hubs are  earning $7-$10 daily in adsense and soccer hubs have earned me $6+ in amazon.

Definitely worth writing seasonal hubs and Oli if you write it I am sure you would be earning a lot as I don't have half the writing skills and marketing knowledge as you, though I am learning.

8. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

Glad its not just me. I hope its either father's day or world cup or weekend or whatever because I am seeing some serious cut in average traffic today.

9. vaguesan profile image82
    vaguesanposted 6 years ago

So looks like I need to get to work on seasonal hubs now. Build up a backlog for the fall and winter.... tongue

I wonder how much your views will fall off the deep end once father's day is over.