jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Another newbie

1. Eutedra87 profile image61
    Eutedra87posted 6 years ago

I am new to Hubpages, so right now I am doing a lot of reading and and trying to learn the ropes. I so appreciate the all the help I am getting along the way. Just want to say a big hello and thanks!!

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Welcome! It can be a bit overwhelming at first but keep at it, it is worth it. Whether you write for interest or money, this is a great place to write - feel free to ask any questions you have in the forums. smile

Just one note: After looking at your hubs, I'd recommend you try and add a bit of length. Think of each hub like a stand alone magazine article. 500-1500 words, a few photos, a poll, a video, enough so that people want to stay and read and learn.

1. Eutedra87 profile image61
        Eutedra87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Great tips. Thanks very much.

2. britneydavidson profile image60
      britneydavidsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Eutedra87, welcome to hubpages and yes you need to add images in your hubs so it looks good. Rest everything fine, waiting for new hubs

2. Info Bucket profile image76
    Info Bucketposted 6 years ago

Heartly welcome to Hubpages, the sea of knowldge. Looking forward for your hubs.

3. Flightkeeper profile image78
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

Hello and Welcome Aboard! Don't forget to bring your helmet and shinguards.

4. CYBERSUPE profile image61
    CYBERSUPEposted 6 years ago

WELCOME TO HUBPAGES!  You will find all the help you need from fellow hubbers plus read the HubPages FAQ

5. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HP - glad to have you aboard.  Yes, you will find an absolute wealth of information here in HP FAQ, the forums and some very helpful hubs from the old timers that have been here for a while and know the ropes.  Don't be afraid to ask, but realize when you do that you will get honest answers, answers that you may not want to hear as you ask for criticism and get it.

I pretty much agree with the other respondents today - you could use a little more length, a little more in-depth knowledge as well as a few items to add visual appeal and/or keep readers on your hub longer.  They are, however, an excellent start and far better then most people write (including myself) for the first few hubs.

1. Glenn Raymond profile image59
      Glenn Raymondposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey!  Welcome to our magical, mystical realm of hubbery.  We are very glad you joined us.  I am looking foreward to reading your hubs.  I have not been here too long, but I am learning more every single day.  I find all of this amazing.  Good luck to you and never stop hubbing.

6. Eutedra87 profile image61
    Eutedra87posted 6 years ago

Many thanks again for all your helpful insights.

7. vanchen profile image85
    vanchenposted 6 years ago

Welcome.  Get comfortable, it's gonna be a long journey.