30 Hubs in 30 Days as a newbie

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (20 posts)
  1. MonkeyMaker profile image59
    MonkeyMakerposted 11 years ago

So, I joined yesterday, posted my first Hub today and I'm going to set myself the 30 Hubs in 30 Days challenge RIGHT NOW.

By September 8th, I will have posted 30 Hubs. Supposedly.

Hopefully it'll really get me into Hubbing (is that the word for it?) and I'll be able to have some fun doing it smile

Here I go!

1. Patty Kenyon profile image68
      Patty Kenyonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HubPages!!!  You can definitely make this challenge!!!  It takes hard work and dedication but it is a wonderful experience!!!  Wishing you the Very Best!!!!

1. Stephen Govoni profile image61
        Stephen Govoniposted 11 years agoin reply to this

MoneyMaker I hope you're doing well!!  I just joined two days ago and I too am excited to do the 30 day challenge.  Starting today!

Tenacity and dedication until September 15th, here we go!

2. umbertoobrian profile image59
      umbertoobrianposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have already saved titles to 30 different hubs with notes for each.  The next step is to craft each one.  I am confident that I can do it.

1. Patty Kenyon profile image68
        Patty Kenyonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HubPages umbertoobrian!!!  Wishing you the Very Best here on HubPages!!!

3. MomsTreasureChest profile image83
      MomsTreasureChestposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HubPages and good luck with your first challenge, it sounds like you are off to a great start!

4. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Normally, I'd recommend against a totally newbie jumping straight into a 30 Hub challenge.   Most people need some time to learn how Hub layouts work, where to find legal images (most images on the internet are copyright so you can't use them), etc.  But looking at your first Hub, you've made a pretty good start, so go for it!

5. garage-remotes profile image41
      garage-remotesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Best of luck to you! I'd love to here about your success & struggles.

2. jeolmoz2 profile image54
    jeolmoz2posted 11 years ago

3. MonkeyMaker profile image59
    MonkeyMakerposted 11 years ago

Wow, thanks for all the encouragement!!
    Umbertoobrian, you're a lot more organised than I am! My 30 Hubs are pretty much going to be whatever grabs me on the day. I should probably have prepared a bit more before I set myself the challenge, but ah well. It's going to be frantic!

4. bridalletter profile image76
    bridalletterposted 11 years ago

I am ready for 30 hubs and 30 days starting today August 12, 2012 and complete by September 10, 2012. I know it will be a very consuming experience; especially with the amount of research I normally do for each hub. It will be a challenge to deliver that in depth and high quality content every time in such a short time. I usually like to take a few days to come back to an article and hit it again before publishing.

I will keep adding followers as I take this challenge. I have made it a goal to add at least 10 people daily and often times over 20. The following is equally important as having a larger number of hubs to share.

Good luck to everyone else on the same path! I think we will all be a little closer to our personal goals and hopefully better off financially too. The start is very slow, but I know it can only grow and we can only benefit.

5. Margaret Skipper profile image59
    Margaret Skipperposted 11 years ago

Woooo yeah, you guys all are gonna do great! Im considering (very hard) if i can do this with school just starting...im just not sure! It'd probably be easier now though before my classes get harder! Anyway, pre-planning your titles is awesome advice. What i'm planning to do is decide on about 8 or 10 groups and researching appropriate keywords for each group before i start to write. Then i can write about 3 to 4 hubs per group and the hardest part (for me), the keywords, will be done! Happy writing!

6. Patty Kenyon profile image68
    Patty Kenyonposted 11 years ago

For those of you that are going to do the 30/30...I wish you the very best!!  It can be done!!!  It does take hard work, dedication, perseverance, and a positive attitude!!! 

Good Luck in your Endeavor, no matter what, never give up!!! big_smile

7. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 11 years ago

MonkeyMaker, I enjoyed your first hub. Looking forward to reading more. Good luck with the 30 in 30, and welcome to HP.

8. Green Bard profile image70
    Green Bardposted 11 years ago

I am doing this challenge again because I have done it before with another account and can recommend it for getting traffic! Good luck!

1. bridalletter profile image76
      bridalletterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I like your hubs Green Bard, looking forward to seeing new ones daily. Good luck!

9. bridalletter profile image76
    bridalletterposted 11 years ago

5 down, 25 more to go!

10. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

Best of luck on the 30/30 challenge, everyone!  I know you can do it!  I did it twice in my first few months on the site.  It was indeed challenging, but it was a great way to become familiar with the publishing tools and to meet new Hubbers.  I'll watch for your hubs!

1. bridalletter profile image76
      bridalletterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I can hardly imagine you did it twice. My brain hurts a little each day doing just one everyday. That is very impressive!

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
        Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL!  I think that was when I was in a particularly masochistic state of mind. I've been in recovery for a while now.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)