jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Need some help

1. emievil profile image86
    emievilposted 6 years ago

Does anybody have any experience in canceling or retracting their DMCA complaint? I talked to one of the site owners who published my hub in his site and it would seem that there was just some sort of misunderstanding between the two of us. To make it short, I basically told him I'll see if I can cancel my complaint. Now, I'm trying to find a source telling me how but I can't find anything.

Please help.

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Website Examiner may be able to answer that question, I have never ran into that before but it is certainly a great question. smile

2. emievil profile image86
    emievilposted 6 years ago

Thanks AEvans. I really do hope somebody answers my question.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I really do hope that your question has been answered.

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

AEvans, thanks for mentioning my name.

EDIT: In view of what you have written below, a retraction of your DMCA complaint is not the answer. You could grant him a license, which he can then forward to Google. Or you could stand by your filing.

A DMCA complaint is a request to investigate. As long as you have been truthful about your copyright ownership and acted in good faith based on the information you had at the time of filing, there should be nothing for you to worry about.

4. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Hi Em...
    You can counter anything by providing the other party with a formal notification executed by you. But why you would do so needs to be thought over huh?
    I mean.. you currently hold the best position, having previously filed the document. You know that often if you take your foot off the back of their neck... well you know lol

I was thinking about filing a claim against a hubber here of 7 months, who somehow today flaunts his avatar with a copy of my pup yikes

1. emievil profile image86
      emievilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That cute pup???!!! Even I would copy that PD lol.

Uhm, seriously, it's a long story. Apparently I gave him my permission to publish an excerpt of that hub and he took it to mean he can publish the whole thing. I guess I should have contacted him before Google but then again I was afraid he will ignore me - which in fact he did until he received the notice from Google. *sigh*

5. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Well that seems to be merely oneway traffic for him Em.
    Surely you know what you agreed to with your work?
    If the current terms aren't suitable to him, then he needs to remove the work and any revenue opportunities that he gleans from it.... as it is yours and you hold copyright.

Do you need the drama? - Nope!
    Do you chose to be dictated to on this? - Nope!

Ditch him Em.. it's easier than withdrawing your claim.
    It's only hurting him.. and that's what the claim was for wasn't it?

Look After YOU First smile