jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Anyone else been here 8 months?

1. Richieb799 profile image64
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

My Avatar thingy came up 8 months yesterday, I'm really starting to feel more like part of the furniture around here smile
    My traffic has been rising, hopefully it will continue to boom and the lesser popular ones I can edit and they will rise too. Anyone else had any similar experiences with less popular hubs not picking up?

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

All accounts taken into consideration I've been here I think about 7 months. And over half my hubs never get views from HP let alone google. I keep meaning to go back and clean them up...

Most of my views come from about 15 of my hubs. I get about 550-700 views a day. I'm waiting for the "big pickup" that older hubbers keep promising arrives in September!

1. starme77 profile image84
        starme77posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I been here 13  ya gotta work hard and if you do you'll get the pick up - me , I spend way too much times in the forums and not enough writing - I really gotta quit that lol  I did get 3 written though in the last three days and thats pretty good considering I havent written a thing in months lol

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

WryLilt, I think we all have that experience. The fact is, sometimes we just pick a poor niche in spite of what keyword research might say. 

I remember reading one of Sunforged Hubs where he said, if you're going to work on improving your Hubs and promoting them, focus on your successful Hubs first, not your unsuccessful ones - because they're the ones that have the best potential.  At least I think that's what he meant!

2. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have been here 9 months, going on 10 months shortly. smile

3. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You feel like furniture after only eight months?  My four year anniversary will be the last day of this month.  When I started, the site was still in its beta test phase.

2. TMMason profile image74
    TMMasonposted 6 years ago

Not really here for the hub writing... just like the forums.

3. Mike Lickteig profile image91
    Mike Lickteigposted 6 years ago

I've been here 16 months, but that time is somewhat deceptive.  I wrote a few hubs in the first month and disappeared for six months before returning to write here consistently.  I certainly have some hubs that are dogs and are in need of some extra work.... it would be nice to see them pull their weight.

4. Freya Cesare profile image78
    Freya Cesareposted 6 years ago

I've been here for 8 months. Didn't made much progress though. But I meet so many great friends here. smile

5. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 6 years ago

I have been here 13 months...