jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Spell checker

1. 0
    ColdWarBabyposted 8 years ago

A spell check function would be a great addition to an already excellent site.  Presently I create all my comments in Word and then copy/paste to the Hub comment module.  Not anything crucial but it would be very convenient.  It would also make reading other Hubbers posts a bit less distressing and more readable.

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.
    R.W. Posner.

2. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

If you press your capsule to half module there is a spell check feature.

1. Whitney05 profile image68
      Whitney05posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Very true, but it doesn't catch all spelling mistakes and it catches some odd things. I've had it catch parts of words. Sometimes it'll say that you mispelled the last 2 letters in certain words. such as the word "WHICH" and the CH would be underlined. (Obviously not that exact word but it does silly things that that.)

Write the hub in Word and correct any mistake then copy into the text capsules in your hub. Just watch out for hte paragraph formatting options. You'll probably have to change it from "preformatted" to "paragraph" in order to get it to wrap properly.

3. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

The problem with any spell checker is that people have to actually make use of it.  If a step of the hub publishing process was a forced spell check, it would disrupt the process and some people may be embarrassed by it.  We, as authors, control the content we publish and the manner in which it is posted.  This means it is our responsibility to ensure the content provided is worthy of being published in that it is free of grammar and spelling errors.

Thank goodness forums are under no such structure. big_smile big_smile big_smile

4. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

Yes the spell checker it not perfect.  I have even seen it find correct words to be wrong, but no spell check is one hundred percent.  I proof read everything anyway.