jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

1. PierrePierre profile image60
    PierrePierreposted 6 years ago

I'm a new hubber here. There are many things that are strange to me.  When creating a new hub, more tags, more scores for this hub? What's the role of tag? Thank you in advance!!!

1. 49lart profile image69
      49lartposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The tags are your key words used in your article. These words or phrases are typed into search engines by potential visitors. I think it is better not to use to many, just ones which best describe your hub.

1. agvulpes profile image88
        agvulpesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm not too sure about that! The more relevant tags you use the more chance you have of your Hub being found by searchers.
        I believe that HubPages will let you know if you use too many tags.

2. Ohma profile image81
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

I am no expert but in my opinion, the tags have 2 purposes one to let allow your hub to be linked and categorized with hubs on similar topics and 2 to create rss feeds for those topics.

3. PierrePierre profile image60
    PierrePierreposted 6 years ago

Thank you very much! The tags are as much important as keywords.

4. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Your tags should be your keywords. As far as I know hubpages will only show the first 15 tags.

I'd recommend reading darkside's hub on tags:

1. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your hub will display all of the tags. Only the first 15 will be used for inclusion in HP's RSS feeds.

There is an actual limit to the tags--I believe RyanKett has bumped up against that in the past--but it's certainly way more than 15.

5. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I suggest reading up on LSI.  Peter Hoggans hub on that is a goid place to start.  Tags and keywords will become completely irrelevant soon.  I suspect backlinking will be also, though of course it always has value to introduce content to readers.

The world is changing and frankly it can't change soon enough for me.