Dear HP, when building/creating a hub.................

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)
  1. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

Just a few questions to see if some features could be incorporated;  However with no understanding what administrative or technical nightmares these could create. Some may seem trivial, but I think creatively, if used properly, could offer more choices resulting in even better looking hubs.

First, I will say throughout this past year, I cannot believe the improvements here that offers  this site an even easier and user friendly process, while  visually pleasing.  And I love that HP doesn't just stop when one could assume enough has been done. it continues to keep getting better when you think it can't. 

Our features and creative options plus easy hoping around in different ways, and of course the wide range of great talent beats any other writing sites butt  smile  [lyrics gets banned saying butt on note to HP] :

Curious could you introduce us to the Art Director or Designer slash Technician that make these changes happen, but deeper into their creative process?  Possibly in a blog or it would be really cool to have them interviewed / featured in our newsletter, clearly then the Newsletter following, to feature me again or a series, oh, back to features, no, not mine lol
    [ban roll ]

1) OK so, within our Hubs, photographs, and as I understand, there are continual discussions off and on about this, but I would like to simplify this issue by asking;  in our current format, why will photo capsules not attach them selves to each other?  ie; like a text capsule and photo capsule and others, some tricky however, still can format those to "stick?" to each other

I believe the photo capsule is the only capsule, regardless of size, will not, can not, bond together side by each.  How Come?  What can we do to maybe have the option of designing our hubs with side to side photos (especially in heavy photo hubs), also leaving room that just in general photo capsules may live on the left hand side, whether alone or ie; attached on left to text capsules?

This, secondly,  is not a request to create a retouching or photoshop lab in our photo capsules, but could we a) be able to crop images once uploaded before 'save' or placement.  ie; same way our profile pictures crop however both with the option of what size we crop within the limits of current size formats?

If none of this is making any sense please add thread to HP's 'Oh, Lyris????  Folder big_smile

Is it possible being able to incorporate gifs and animated visuals would be too great for words, think of google and Amazon or even E bay seeing their product in 3D or sparkling because its Jewelry or possibly an animated jogger that is just a 2 second roll over if you are doing a product review for running shoes, even extended to issues without adult content where poetry may visually come into motion.  Quite beautiful, and we can do it right here;

gifs?  I am asking specifically about animated gifs as well in our uploading photo capsule?  I would ask this option for our profile pictures equally.  Our forums currently offer these visual options-formatting tips?  These tips would be available on all our photo choices everywhere

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy317/mlmvicbc/anibellybumpgz8pv8.gif

Sorry bad example, I'm sure Amazon is loving this, but...... I can think of 5 products right now that a funny hub could bring traffic for each product using this technique.

Bottom Line HubPages it is too fun to skip a feature like this, I bet everything I have [LMAO obvious] the number of hubs would instantly increase 20%

Com' on I am almost done [color=#0000][totally just lied to HP hopefully no one heard me[/color]  yikes

2) With the same concept when receiving comments, can we please receive the IP address when a Hubber follows us? Also, only visible to the Hubber being followed.

3) Text capsules, are we able to incorporate the exact formatting choices as we have here in the forums, thus giving us color options for type (specifically),

and 4-6 standard choices of fonts that we may use. ie; Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Chalkboard and Script or handwriting??  This would be really cool.  Again, if used properly though!

4) Last one, FYI we have a page on face book 'a group page' for members of HubPages only,  called HubPages FunFace Group, come join!!

5) This request is not ridiculous it is simply just ridiculous.  Can you please let us use the formatted smily faces as an option in our comments, we would type them the same way as her ie; : ) I reckon we still would need the 'mad' and 'roll eyes' when relevant to express oneself.

6) Possibly I lost the announcement but what will HubKarma do for us financially?  Or score wise etc?  Have you seen a difference in which areas since this feature arrived?  I do love the suggested links, brilliant.  Just curious.  OK I'm stopping, the rest another time, oops

7)  Are we able to expand the carriers to which we upload videos"  There are so many more now that I use and offer different features.  I ask this also please we cannot upload music we can always almost find this music with a video but vimeo and You Tube are limited, as hard as that may be to believe ie; VEVO etc?

Thanks again to the staff who have continually been improving this site, it really does look good and keeps getting more interesting as new features are born.  I suspect that is all of you, so thanks smile

Thanks for letting me voice these ideas, and again this site is the Best, or at least i have yet to see anything comparable.  However I must, with the most respect warn you as my site is pretty hot and I will be done building it for sure by 2012!  Just so you know, whew [feeling much less guilty]  lol lol

Thanks Kindly

OK, I know, Kimberly

Still considered a Premier video, pretty cool message, positive if you follow the lyrics wink

<link snipped>

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I don't agree with these suggestions - colors and sparkles? Hubs look professional and neat even when a  spammer makes them [for the most part]. I don't think any of us want a glittery, cheap advert style, multicolor rainbow puke hub. I love the no color options.

Youtube [to some extent] makes sure their videos are kept to some kind of rules and bans the bad ones and enforces copyright. Many other video sites do not.

The only thing I'd agree on is being able to swing the photo capsule to the left.

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

um, those were jokes and if you tube is good for you because of rules what makes you think other carriers including ones we too have don't have rules?  If you don't want an option of fonts and design thats cool, but I wonder how it would effect you by just choosing to the one option now, I complimented our options and never once hinted that we should have unprofessional hubs, no photos may make you happy too?  Maybe nothing but text capsule and news amazon and rules?  Sorry but why comment?  Do  you really think I would waste HP time about sparkles?

Sorry I wasted yours and that you thought I wanted unprofessional hubs

Have a nice day roll

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Kimberly, you're missing the point. WryLilt isn't suggesting YOU would make unprofessional Hubs.  The thing is, although good Hubbers wouldn't abuse extra features like colored fonts, there are plenty of people who would abuse them. Just take a look at MySpace, Tumblr and all the other sites where you can do what you like.  You said yourself, it's only a good idea if used properly, and there's no way it can be policed to make sure it is used properly.  So I'd be against it.

3. WryLilt profile image87

Sorry if you took my comments the wrong way Kimberley.

But I have not looked at your hubs or know you so I am not commenting on you.

I'm referring to spammers who would have bold red text and a big eye catching advert then a "spun" or duplicated hub with creative license to make it look like a squeeze page. They might end up looking like a squidoo lens...

If hubpages had editors before publication, it might work. But people could abuse it how they wanted as is.

HP team has worked hard to have an authority site that is easy to use and looks professional while sticking to google adsense ToS and copyright laws as much as possible.

4. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 13 years ago

When you move a Photo Capsule to the right (toggle width right) it wraps the text of the Text Capsule around the image.

You can't do the same with a photo. The image can't wrap itself around another capsule that is moved to the right.

If you need to put images side by side it can be done in an image editing program.

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks Dark, I am aware of this, that's why I was asking how we could incorporate a capsule to format like the rest, i see many people discuss this, reason; some of us donot have the options to recreate photos by marrying them before uploading, then there becomes the issue of sizing pre vs p;acing

listen these are just thoughts everybody, please do not act as if i don't understand the pros and cons

and darkside thank you for your input smile

5. WryLilt profile image87

But like an amazon advert...?

Put text floated right and the photo goes [smaller] left. The mirror of what happens now. Text wraps photos.

1. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Getting the text to toggle width right and wrap around a Photo Capsule should be workable.

But photos side by side with photos, as suggested by the OP, would cause difficulties.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)