jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Will unsuccessful hubs affect your user score?

1. soccerpig73 profile image79
    soccerpig73posted 6 years ago

I'm new on hubpages and I'm still a little fuzzy on hubscores.  If you have unpopular hubs will they lower your score?  I'm wondering because I don't want articles that hurt me to stay up, but if they don't I'd like to keep them because I put time and effort into them and would rather keep them.

1. nicregi profile image65
      nicregiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi soccerpig73.

Welcome to HubPages! One thing that I notice is HubScore depends on the quality of your article. Even you might be writing the hot topics but if there is no quality, people can vote you down.

Again, HubScore will go up and down during the days and weeks. So it is normal if something like that happen.

I think you should not worry and just prepare writing something quality and you will be just fine smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There are two kinds of scores:  each Hub has a score (Hubscore) and you have a Hubber Score, that appears on your avatar.

If your Hubs are low-scoring they will affect your hubber score.  The thing to do is revise and improve them!

You can edit Hubs as often as you like so there's no reason not to make them better.  Think of a Hub as the kind of article you'd like to read in a magazine.  It's longer and more informative than a blog post - at least 400 words and often much longer.  And it must be your own, original writing, not copied from anywhere else on the internet (even if it's your own work you're copying). 

Welcome to HP.

1. soccerpig73 profile image79
        soccerpig73posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks!  This is great advice.  I really appreciate it.