jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Favorite Topics on my Profile Page have changed

1. viking305 profile image88
    viking305posted 6 years ago

Hello

I have noticed that the Favorite Topics on my Profile Page have changed so that it does not show my REAL favorite hubs.  There is a paricular topic I would like to show up on my Profile Page but it has disappeared.   Can I fix this manually?

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to do this if it is possible, thanks

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

No you can't, unfortunately.  Your "Favorite" topics rotate around so that all your Hubs get a a fair chance at being displayed.

I know what you mean, I find it irritating when Dance disappears off my Favorite Topics - because it's quite clearly my favorite subject of all time, and it just seems wrong when it's not there!

The only thing you can do is refer to it in your profile "blurb" and link to one or more of those Hubs.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Basically it's a way for hubpages to make sure all your articles get equal coverage - I believe it helps keep hubs more current with search engines too.

1. viking305 profile image88
      viking305posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Marisa for your help.  I notice today that it has changed again to display my fav topic,  Yes I will do that and display the hubs links on the profile blurb that way they will be there all the time.

Wryliit thanks for answering too, I didn't realise that it helps with the search engines so that's a good thing really, worth the inconvenience.

working