Ads disabled by a moderator and I can't figure out a solution

1. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 6 years ago

After many months of a hub of mine being allowed with ads allowed suddenly today I found an alert warning to say a moderator had reviewed it and manually disabled ads.

I went to see what I could do to fix things and ran into complications I cannot understand. In one place it says to set advertising status to 'None' so I did so and had to unclick on commercial status but leave the Google Adsense box clicked.

That allows it to be at 'None' status but when I click editing done another warning comes up to say it is considered commercial.

If I unclick the Google Adsense option and try publishing it then I get this notice

"You have unchecked the content meets the conditions of the AdSense Program Policy box (see above). Unfortunately, hubs that do not meet the Google AdSense Program Policies may not be published. Please update your Hub so that it does conform, or save it in an unpublished state."

Which is basically saying it cannot be published!

I could spend hours trying to figure out what to remove or change to see what is allowed and what isn't and simply don't have the time. I am mystified as to why this has suddenly happened!

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you have outgoing links to other sites, your Hub must be classed as commercial.  So you'd also have to remove links. 

The best thing to do is email HubPages and ask them to explain exactly what the problem is with that particular Hub - they will reply.

2. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the advice, Marisa! As you know I am trying to improve my hubs here and this came as surprise seeing as the hub in question has been OK for many months.