jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

How many links (in different Hubs) can I have going to same domain?

1. 60
    Jason Abbottposted 6 years ago

I understand the 2 link rule (ie. you can have up to 2 links going to a promotion domain within a single Hub).

However, it is also stated that Hubpages frowns on having links going to a single domain name spread over different Hubs.

I'd like to create several Hubs in a particular niche that I have a website in.  I'd like to include 1-2 links in each of them going back to my site, but I definitely don't want to violate any terms of service.

How many links, spread over different Hubs, can I have going to the same domain?  Again, I love Hubpages, but don't want to do anything to negative affect my account.

Thanks in advance.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A set number for this scenario has never been given.  It clearly comes into play when every single Hub has one outgoing link to the same domain.

About the only way to know you've done too many is when your overall HubScore goes down and stays down.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

I don't know that there's a number set in stone of how many you can have. But rest assured that the HP team will let you know quickly when you have exceeded it. smile

1. 60
      Jason Abbottposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The point is that I don't want to break any rules.  It would be nice to know the exact number so that I don't exceed it.

3. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

You are allowed only 2 links to one singular domain.

However, since HubPages frowns on multiple hubs, linking to the same domain, I would suggest that you link to another domain, before it links back to your original domain, like a blog of some sort.

Since, I don't draw an income from anywhere else but HubPages, and a little bit of RedGage(which links are directed back to HubPages). I am not quite sure.

But, email: Team@HubPages.com and ask them. smile

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Personally I would say you would be okay if the links going back to the one domain are relevant.  If the links to your own site have nothing to do with the post, then it is pretty obvious that it is overly promotional.

5. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Oli, all outgoing links are required to be relevant, read the TOS tongue

To OP - I second Relache smile