jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

How to loose 20 hubscores points in 1 day

1. joaquincosta profile image57
    joaquincostaposted 8 years ago

Ok, so I guess I'm not an Elite hubpage writer, or (hubber) (I don't even know how you call someone that hubs a lot) anyway

I had a score of 83, 24 hours ago and today I have a score of 65

how do you achieve that... easy, just go and put 2 anchor links in your text.

I did that with 3 of my 30 hubs and voila!
    score of 65 and now nofollow links

lol

I guess it will be easy to move my hubs to vox or something like that, where I don't have to wonder what score I need to have a simple normal link ...

anyway...

2. Ladybird33 profile image45
    Ladybird33posted 8 years ago

I dropped a lot too this morning...I think it's the system with Hubpages because a lot of hubbers scores have dropped that I can see...or maybe I am wishing that versus it being me smile

3. Silver Rose profile image67
    Silver Roseposted 8 years ago

If too many of your hubs are linking to the same site Hubpages penalises you. If you have links in your hubs going to many sites, it's not a problem.

1. Jane@CM profile image59
      Jane@CMposted 8 years agoin reply to this

So are you saying we shouldn't link all of our hubs to our blogs?

1. Silver Rose profile image67
        Silver Roseposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Links to other hubs are OK, and you can have as many of them as you like. Links to your blog counts as other domains.

The rule is it's ok to have two links to a single outside domain in a hub, and you can link to as many separate domains as you like, as long as there are not more than two to a single domain in that hub. But if too many of your hubs are linking to the same domain it seems to trip something in the hubscore that says "self-promotion". Have no idea how many hubs with outlinks to a single domain trips this though.

4. jcales profile image65
    jcalesposted 8 years ago

uh oh better clean emĀ“' up

5. joaquincosta profile image57
    joaquincostaposted 8 years ago

the more I see this "score" thing, the more I'm considering vox

6. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

You can put two links to the same domain a hub, but it's not acceptable to put more than that. Just remove the third link and your hubs will be fine. If you follow the rules, there shouldn't be any problems keeping your hub rank up.

I can say my score dropped a few points this morning too, but it fluctuates. You just have to deal with it. But for dropping some many points, you usually haven't followed some rule or you don't participate or something.

Plus here's a quote from paul

7. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 8 years ago

All of you are tripping.

HubPages released a new update last night and a small bug temporarily messed scores up.  You should know better than to listen to guesses from your fellow site users and wait for an official answer from someone like Paul Deeds before getting your panties in a bunch.

1. Whitney05 profile image83
      Whitney05posted 8 years agoin reply to this

That's what I quoted.

2. flread45 profile image80
      flread45posted 8 years agoin reply to this

What if you don't wear panties?

3. IntimatEvolution profile image70
      IntimatEvolutionposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Excellent advice!

4. AEvans profile image80
      AEvansposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Relache is absolutely correct and when anyone see's something odd going on merely let HP know, they are always on top of the issues and correct them.smile

working