jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

one of my hubs says "duplicate" and...

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image77
    schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago

I took ALL the content out I got from the encyclopedia. It is ALL MY MATERIAL. I republished it and it still says "duplicate"
    What should I do? wait a while or delete the article?

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image91
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Either someone else did the same thing you did, and your content is too similar, or you posted the same thing on another site.  Either way, it will be flagged as duplicate content.  It is possible that someone copied your work, but then, HubPages would provide a link to that site, and you can see who's work was posted first.  Your best bet is to contact the HubPages staff, and they can usually sort it out, or tell you what the issue is.  If you just copied info out of an encyclopedia, my guess is, someone else did too.

schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago in reply to this

how does one contact the staff??

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image91
          Anna Marie Bowmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Click on "help" in the upper right hand corner.  On the right hand side of the screen will be a box, under unanswered questions? it says contact us.  It gives you options on what your contacting them about.

2. 0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

on the hub the option comes to contact us .write the email to them . Hubpages moderators will again check and remove this problem

3. Road Trip Amy profile image61
      Road Trip Amyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just to be clear, a "duplicate" hub is not a violation of the terms of use.  It can still be up, and you can still generate Adsense revenue.  You just can't put other affiliate links in the post (e.g., if you are a TripAdvisor affiliate and want to link to them in your text, you can't).  It will also prevent your hubscore from increasing as quickly on that hub.  But it's not a violation.  I have one hub that is a story I wrote on my blog, and I republished it here, and it's marked as a "duplicate."  But the only person who sees that marking is you, and it's still perfectly fine to have a duplicate hub posted.  In other words, it's not something that will get you kicked off of HubPages.

2. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

I would leave it for 24 hours, until the bots search it again. 

If you are in a hurry, there are sites that will tell you how similar what you wrote is to other things online.  It could be that some of your phrases are very similar to what is already out there.

Thank you both, that's very helpful!!

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

The most reliable way to contact Staff: email - Team@HubPages.com

4. 0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

How quick hubpages will reply to our query? (how many days)

Anyone share your experience.

hi, i just checked my email and got their response. it took about...I don't know 7days or less? all is good now.

working