jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Hurray, Kudos to the Hubpages team, this weekend there were no

1. sofs profile image85
    sofsposted 6 years ago

call girl spammers on the Answer section of HP!!

I have started and participated in so many threads on this subject now I want to give appreciation where it is due!! What ever you did worked!! Keep the good work going!!

2. saleheensblog profile image59
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

yah i also noticed it. good job done by the team.

1. sofs profile image85
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good!  At least  one person other than I noticed it and is appreciative!! smile

I love to see HubPages clean!!

1. Elite Publishings profile image74
        Elite Publishingsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is great..  Sorry I didn't see this post before. smile I thought I was the only one to notice this too.  I have my Facebook page attached to my Hubpage profile and kept getting friend request from some rather slutty looking women and wonder where in the world is this coming from.?  Much thanks to the Hubpage street sweepers for cleaning up our side of the street. smile

3. A la carte profile image60
    A la carteposted 6 years ago

Being fairly new had no idea there was a problem. I am constantly amazed by the fact that the more I learn the less I know:)

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's alright - I still feel that way!

Every few days spammers will visit the forums and/or write hubs either to do with ripping DVDs or hiring call girls. The posts are filled with affiliate links etc.

If you ever see one simply click report, don't reply to it.

Once reported the team usually delete it fairly fast.

4. Benjimester profile image89
    Benjimesterposted 6 years ago

The HP staff is pretty on top of their game.  They're always on the lookout for shenanigans.