jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Just started: Help needed.

1. motherbeastly profile image59
    motherbeastlyposted 6 years ago

I have just joined Hubpages and would like some questions answered please.

I am finding it a bit difficult to work out how the score on the profile pic is affected by the scores on the hubs, are they related?

I have got one or two blogs on blogger:  Can I link from Hubpages to the Blogger pages?

I actually have lots more questions, but this will do to start I think.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. frogdropping profile image82
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

One is your author score (the one attached to individual hubs) the other is your hubber score.

The first is based upon the quality of your hubs, whether readers rate them up or down and so on. The second is linked to your site participation, effort in general.

I wouldn't bother puzzling over whether they're related, or not. It's a waste of time. A better way to utilise your time on the site is to grow and learn, whether you're writing for pleasure or as a means of earning an extra income.

I suggest you start with: HubPages Learning Centre - it's info rich and should answer most if not all of your queries.

As a means of answering other questions you may have, use the forum search box, located top right, as much of what may confuse or confound you will already have been asked and answered. It's also a great way of learning how the site works etc. One thing may lead to another smile

You can link to yoru blogs via hubs or your profile. However, on hubs you cannot send more than two outbound links to the same URL. For the sake of good manners, don't over do it. A hub on a subject related to your blog/s shouldn't be a problem. If all you do is write to link back to the same blog, time and again, there may be a problem. I'd link via my profile were I you.

3. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

motherbeastly, the author score (the one on people's image/avatar) is made up of mix of things. It's explained in the HubPages "help" section.  How, exactly, anyone's HubScore is figured out remains a secret because nobody wants anyone "gaming the system".  New Hubbers start out with a low score and usually rise fairly quickly.  New Hubs also start out with a low score and rise fairly quickly.  That is if the Hubber is actually writing something, and if the Hubs are of reasonable quality.  For now, just write your best Hubs, your scores (on the Hubs and the overall Hubber Score) will start moving up.

You can post a link to each blog on your profile page.  My profile page is loaded with links to blogs.

4. motherbeastly profile image59
    motherbeastlyposted 6 years ago

Thanks guys, I am off to the Hub pages learning centre to try and work out how things work.