jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Hubpage 100 Google Pagerank 0. Hubpages is right

1. bgamall profile image85
    bgamallposted 6 years ago

I guess I don't like this because it has happened to me with my analysis of the Tea Party. But this hub is great, and is ranked at the top of Hubpages, yet it gets a big fat zero from Pagerank. <link snipped, no self-promoting links>

I just think there is something wrong with the idea that great content isn't rewarded anymore on Google, without some kind of professional SEO. I can't see how this brings the best websites to the top. Perhaps someone else could set me straight.

2. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 6 years ago

Pagerank is updated when Google feels like it, every six months or so... they have their own measure for use in their searches but the actual displayed pagerank will not change until the next update.. This is a new hub published within the 60day Challenge..

The important thing is that the hub is found when someone does a search using her keywords...

The hubscore on HP is not a reflection of PR, only an internal HP measure like hubkarma and so on... but it does reflect how well organised your hub is, how much content you have etc.. I am sure when google next updates you will see some rank attached to this hub...

bgamallposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am surprised that they just didn't have the pagerank "no pagerank information" available showing instead of a zero. I don't see the point of a zero.

bgamallposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wonder what people think of this article published today somewhere: http://www.sitepronews.com/2010/09/22/d … ke-a-fool/ It is disturbing, really.

1. shazwellyn profile image84
          shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think the change in seo hasnt filtered throughout the Internet yet and the writer of this article isnt very happy about it... in fact he is damn right furious that automation of spammy article generators are still winning the war on seo - quite interesting really, thanks for sharing smile