jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

1. Shilo  Eagle profile image69
    Shilo Eagleposted 6 years ago

I was wondering if there is way to track in Google or Hubpages when someone is clicking on your links.  Are they clicking on a hot link contained within the hub or clicking on a link in a capsule.  If anyone could offer some insight I would appreciate.  Maybe there isn't a way but I was just curious.... Thank you.

1. 0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

you can use adsense channels for each hub.

1. SteveoMc profile image90
        SteveoMcposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That does not tell you which link in a hub is viewed, it tells about the hub channel.   I will do a little research to see if I know what I am talking about.

2. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

I think it can be calculated as many a hubbers use tracker in the link. And as far as I know page viewed from clicking a link don't add to the number of page views so there must be some ways of tracking from where the visitor came from.

Lets see what the experts say.

3. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I'm sssuming you mean capturing a click on a link that takes the person to some place you don't control - for example tracking clicks to an affiliate page.

You can capture any link click in Anallytics, but not here at HubPages as it requires adding Javascript to the page.

Back in the bad old days, we'd make the click be a cgi script with the real destination as an argument. The script would record whatever we wanted to know and then redirect to the final destination.