How do I go about adding a link to refer friends to my site to sign-up? I am having a lil trouble making this happen. Also, is it a good idea to add it in my profile?
1. Navigate to the page you want to link to, your profile page perhaps:
2. Scroll to the bottom and click on "link to this page" in the grey footer at the bottom, which will take you here:
3. Select which referral track you'd like to use.
4. Now you can cut and paste either just the URL or the HTML, for use in your destination page.
To make a link when editing a text capsule in a hub or your profile bio:
1. Type the text that you want to turn into a link.
2. Highlight the text you want to turn into a link.
3. Click on the link icon
4. This will pop up a window where you should enter the URL that you want to link to (make sure you have popup blockers off)
by Victoria Lynn5 years ago
Hard to believe I still can't figure out how to do that!
by Pandoras Box6 years ago
Trying to see if I understand this correctly. The trackers only work from outside of HP, correct? So if I have a new affiliate tracker on my profile page or in a hub, it's worthless to me, right? And if I link from one...
by Cat4 years ago
I have read everything I can, mostly through HP, about referral trackers and how to set them up but I still am struggling with this. Is there a "Referral Tracker for Dummies". I have no previous knowledge of...
by beta10709 years ago
Like referrals.1. Why insert an _referralcode into the URL. Couldn't you come up with a dynamic insertion solution? If an insertion was required, what's wrong with appending it at the end of the URL as in ?referrer=xyz?...
by Michelle Cesare7 years ago
Hi all,OK, I created a tracker URL. http://hubpages.com/my/tracker/mailxpress1968When people click on this link and they decide to sign up is this the way I get referrals? Thanks so much everyone.
by Dorsi Diaz8 years ago
I've had a few people sign up under my trackers when I send out emails of my hubs, but I was wondering what some of the rest of you have done as far as setting up a more unique way to have friends and family sign up...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.