jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Is Hub link a Backlink ?

1. TheOneWhoKnows profile image61
    TheOneWhoKnowsposted 6 years ago

What I mean to say is that let's say we have a hub called ''google secrets'' so if I have another one, like ''Google SEO'' and If I put link from ''google secrets'' on my hub ''Google SEO'' is that a backlink ?

1. vox vocis profile image91
      vox vocisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it's interlinking. In basic link terminology, a backlink is any link received by a web page from another web page. Backlinks are all incoming links to a web page or site.

1. Timstown profile image76
        Timstownposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Google doesn't count them as backlinks, though, does it?

2. Bluehoop profile image61
    Bluehoopposted 6 years ago

Vox voces is right - if you do a search for backlinks which finds the backlinks for a given webpage known to some of the major browsers, you'll see that some of them will come from the same domain. After one or two links pointing that page out to the browsers though, they won't do you much good in the eyes of the search engines ( though of course they will should bring more visitors if people actually click the links).

3. lrohner profile image83
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Normally, a link from one hub to another is referred to as an "internal link," and a link from another website to your hub is called a "backlink." Internal links help your hub to be found, while external backlinks help your hubs to be found and also to rank higher in the search engines.

1. 0
      TopUniverseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I got the point. Thanks.