jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Please look at my Hubs

1. Barbara Kay profile image86
    Barbara Kayposted 6 years ago

If you can tell me why I'm only making about $1.50 a month it would be appreciated. Please be nice so I don't get too upset. Thanks.

Barbara Kayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I should have added, I've studied SEO but I'm not sure I'm using it properly. I am looking at the keyword tool, but don't feel totally comfortable about that either. I'm adding 5 backlinks to new hubs.

Am I choosing the wrong subjects, titles etc. I feel comfortable with my content. Thanks for any help.

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

I wish I had the time to look at all of your hubs, but sadly I don't. I did look at "How to Grow Lilies"--a really good keyword. Unfortunately, another hubber has that keyword locked and loaded and squarely sitting on Google's page 1. It may be tough to beat.

IMHO, you need to figure out keyword research before worrying about backlinking. It's about choosing the right keywords that will attract the right audience with competition that is beatable.

1. Sunny Robinson profile image84
      Sunny Robinsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I second with Irohner said, too. wink

Thanks.

2. Barbara Kay profile image86

I guess I need to start checking Google's search engine too to see what come's up when I type in my subject. I wasn't aware that another hubber had the number one spot for that keyword. Thanks for the feedback.

3. Sunny Robinson profile image84
    Sunny Robinsonposted 6 years ago

Here are some of my thoughts.

You joined 7 months ago, so you're kinda new.  Sometimes, even with a great keyword topic and good title, it all depends on the ads you get on your hubs.  For example, your butternut squash hub got ads on recipes for squash, so maybe write another hub on nothing but recipes for squash.

I really liked your hub, "Write it and they will come?"  You really hit it there.  Believe it or not, I think you have something going on with your hubs.  Eventually, I believe you will write an inspired hub you wrote that will surprise you in how many people come to read it!

A few suggestions:
    - Add more pictures or videos to your hubs.
    - Add a news capsule or a feed capsule to your hubs.
    - Try out the Title Tuner for some of your older hubs and see if you can bring in more new traffic.  It has worked for me to some degree!

Thanks for your advice. I'll get busy and add some capsules and see if I can't find more pics or videos. I've tried the Title Tuner, but it has suggested much that I can use.

working