jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

I want to change my Title of My hub but Can't! Help!

1. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 6 years ago

Hi, Okay, I may be missing something here, but I just wrote a hub and decided that the title was wrong, so i went to change it and now it seems to have disappeared from the top of the page? The bit where you can change your title, and placement. I know it is now at the side under your photo, but it doesn't say where I can change the title. Do i have to start again? thanks

1. onegoodwoman profile image76
      onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I changed the title on one of my hubs, but      it did not change the original URL.    I do not know what that might mean to the search engines.

Nell Roseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi, I am not sure myself, anybody else know?

2. profile image0
        BenjaminBposted 6 years ago in reply to this

URL's never change,if you foul up just delete the hub and start over. To the search engines if you are targeting a keyword and it's not in the URL and title the same exact way you want to target it then you will not be optimized for that keyword properly and you will be hard pressed to ever rank well for it.

3. Fawntia profile image
        Fawntiaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, onegoodwoman. You cannot change the url. If you really need a different url, you will have to create a new Hub.

2. Reality Bytes profile image90
    Reality Bytesposted 6 years ago

While in edit mode just click the title, very easy.

Duh! sorry for being dumb! thanks a lot! lol

1. Fawntia profile image
        Fawntiaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Aww, please don't feel dumb! Lots of people have been confused by this, so soon there will be an update that will hopefully make it more obvious how to change your Hub's title. I'm glad you've figured it out though.

3. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/57816

"Moved all the configuration tools except the title into the sidebar (you can edit your title by simply clicking on it)"

smile

4. profile image0
    BenjaminBposted 6 years ago

Don't feel bad Nell I stared at a hub in creation for at least 5 minutes before it dawned on me to just click it,lol!

Thanks Ben, I don't feel so dumb now! ha ha

5. 2besure profile image83
    2besureposted 6 years ago

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing. Whew!  So glad we can change our titles!

working