Problem with Google Analytics Sign-Up

1. Road Trip Amy profile image60
    Road Trip Amyposted 6 years ago

So I finally got around to trying to sign up for Google Analytics today, and I was following the steps Simone provides in her Learning Center post that walks you through the sign-up process.  But I got stuck at step 2 when I tried to enter the URL for my Profile page where it asks for your Website's URL.  It looks like the problem arises from the fact that my username on HubPages has spaces in it, so in the URL for my profile page, those spaces become plus signs (Road+Trip+Amy).  Analytics tells me that I've made an "invalid entry" and I can't proceed.  If, however, I enter the URL from one of my hubs (no plus signs there), it will let me go forward with the sign-up process.

Has anyone else encountered this?  Is there anything I can do to get Analytics to accept my profile page URL, plus signs and all, as my website?

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I am not sure if this will fix your problem. It's been a while since I signed up for Google Analytics.

However, you might be able to use the underscore "_" in place of the "+" sign. I could be wrong, but that's all I can say at this time.

I do hope a more seasoned veteran who knows more can help. smile

1. Road Trip Amy profile image60
      Road Trip Amyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Cagsil -- I tried using underscores instead of plus signs, but that URL doesn't take you to my profile page (it takes you to a HubPages "no user by that name" message).  Thanks for trying to help though -- I appreciate the response.

Take care!