jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Backlink?

1. AndrewHignight profile image59
    AndrewHignightposted 6 years ago

I know this is controversial, but I need a straight answer. For writing for adsense, which is mostly informational(product) articles, should I spend my time seo keywording my article, or backlink it to hell.
    For product reviews/buying articles, for amazon earnings, should I backlink?

I know you can't say a do all know all answer, just give me your opinion.
    (Wrote this fast and with bad grammer, I have work)

1. David 470 profile image85
      David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

In my opinion, you should do some amount of backlinking for both, but not to insane. I send about 5-10 backlinks to to most of my hubs.

As for keyword research, its more important if your writing product reviews because you need to get the visitor in the buying stage.

Keyword research is also important for information articles tailored for adsense, but I think amazon requires more keyword research just because making a commission from amazon is entirely different than someone clicking on an ad from adsense.

I am no expert on amazon though, my main goal is to make money through adsense, but to me personally, I think amazon needs more "careful" research.

AndrewHignightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, you supplied some great info.
        For Amazon: You don't have to make your users want to buy something or pursade them. For amazon, you target people who want to buy, example: you don't write a review on a ipod touch, you recommend different cases for people who have them and want to spend money.

Thanks man!
        (at work, have to be quick)

2. AndrewHignight profile image59
    AndrewHignightposted 6 years ago

anyone else?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A touchy subject - you will find several threads on this with widely varying opinions. 

For myself, my time goes into SEO, optimization and actually writing the hub.  I backlink each article just once, on Xomba (which is a no follow and thereby not of much value).

2. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Keyword research is by far the most important thing. The Hubpages platform itself is strong enough to carry you all the way, so long as you write good solid content.

AndrewHignightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks man!

working