how many click will you get every day

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)
  1. balaji153 profile image61
    balaji153posted 15 years ago

hii joined hubpages to earn money and also to make friend's.

i joined before 3days ,my pages impression went 200 but till now i didn't get a single click!

is there any ways to get clicks,and also i didn't see relevant ads!

can any one help me plz!

1. kashifmahmood profile image41
      kashifmahmoodposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HP Balaji

I visited one of your hubs which was about how to clean windows registry and the ads are relevant there . Also it is quite early for you to get worried about getting more clicks . First try to promote your hubs outside HP and focus on getting more external traffic because visitors from HP will give you very little to no clicks at all .

External traffic will get you more clicks and hopefully more earnings.

1. balaji153 profile image61
        balaji153posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes that's right ,but half of my traffic is from digg! till now i didn't get a single click.

1. Mark Bennett profile image62
          Mark Bennettposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I may be wrong, but my understanding is that Digg and StumbleUpon traffic is terrible at clicking, possibly even worse that HubPages.

You have to get REAL traffic. By that I mean people who are actually INTERESTED in the topic you are writing about. Search engine traffic is best, but posting links to your Hubs in forums and writing articles is also good - just slower to build up.

I have links to my Hubs from blogs about the place, and that seems to help a lot - I get more traffic from search engines than from people clicking those links on the blogs, but without the blog posts, I would never make the front page of Google to get the search traffic in the first place.

2. guidebaba profile image57
      guidebabaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have published 110 Hubs and all of them have found place in google search. 14-15 are at the 1st position in google search. Till now i made only $1 from HP (I am earning handsome from my personal site). I am waiting to see when I will start earning from HP.

2. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

Click-through rates at HubPages are pretty low - less than 2% for most people on average.

Hubbers click at a much lower rate than outside traffic, and if you are new, most of your visitors will be from within HubPages, not from outside.

200 is a very small number of visits, especially if they are visitors from within HubPages.

Get yourself some outside traffic!

The ads are determined based on the words in your Hub (after a short while - at first the ads are based on the most popular ones across all of HubPages, until the bot has crawled your page and "read" the words) - and Google is not always very clever about matching ads to words.

A human being knows that "hot strawberry tart" does not mean the same thing as "hot sexy tart", but to Google, "tart" just means "tart". People have had very adult ads appearing beside their recipes, lol. Just one of the joys of Adsense.

Try to identify which words Google might be misinterpreting, and put better words around them (for example make "strawberry tart" into "strawberry tart recipe" and watch the "sexy singles" ads fade away ...)

Jenny

3. spuds profile image59
    spudsposted 15 years ago

Don't get too hung up on the amount of clicks you are getting (or not). Put your effort into building good hubs and getting good traffic. Do this and the rewards will come.

4. balaji153 profile image61
    balaji153posted 15 years ago

nice advice can you show me sample of your work!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

If you want to see a sample of someone's work-- just click on the photo or avatar of the person who posted a reply. It will take yu to their profile page.

5. Mark Bennett profile image62
    Mark Bennettposted 15 years ago

Google "high mileage auto refinancing". It's my best result yet.

Last time I looked, my Hub was #5, but ALL the other results on the page were written by me in some form, and had links to the website I was promoting, my Hub, or both. (Oh, except one link - someone ELSE bookmarked me on Kaboodle - thank you, kind sir.)

I have about seven of the results on the second page, as well.

Bear in mind it is not a hugely crowded niche!

It's not "make money online", but even Mark Knowles acknowledged that it is a more competitive keyword than "frongelous facial growth" ....

And I am a complete beginner at this stuff - never blogged a word until this year.

If I can do this, anyone can!

6. Mark Bennett profile image62
    Mark Bennettposted 15 years ago

P.S. I should point out that this FABULOUS search engine result brings me about a half dozen visitors a day to my Hub, so don't go spending up big in anticipation of the huge profits you can make by following in my footsteps. As I said, it's a small niche ...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)