jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Advice for changing low-score hub?

1. Rattigan profile image83
    Rattiganposted 5 years ago

I posted a hub yesterday that already has a hubscore of 44...! My other hubs have gradually been climbing up into the 60s and 70s (I've only been posting a couple weeks).

I made a few changes to the low-scoring hub already, but I'm wondering what else I can do to raise the score. I won't post the hub link, as I'm a bit unsure whether posting a link to my hub is a violation, but it's called "Where to Read Edgar Allan Poe Poems Online," so you should be able to find it.

It's more SEO-oriented than other hubs I've done, and not as creative, but I don't think it's poor quality. Any advice?

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Repeat: Way premature to change anything.

1. Rattigan profile image83
        Rattiganposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe it just threw me because all my other hubs started accumulating points straight away. I was kind of taken aback when I saw that within an hour it had already dropped a point and gained none. (Yeah, I'm still at that stage where I check obsessively. Just experimenting with a few different ad revenue/revenue share sites at the mo.)

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

It is premature to say whether any changes are needed. More likely than not, it will pick up soon and reach a level comparable to the others. As long as you are 40+ (do-follow), you are OK, anyway.

If you want it critiqued, post to the Extreme Hub Makeover forum, where links are permitted.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I would suggest trying to work out what is holding that specific hub back.  Too many links to the same site, too short...?

4. Rattigan profile image83
    Rattiganposted 5 years ago

Thanks, all. I have been trying to figure out what's brought about the low score, and have made a couple changes. I shortened the list of Amazon links, for example, as I thought the length made it look spammy. I linked to several sites, and only one was linked more than once. I added links to other hubs to improve "interactivity." (Do I have the right idea there?) It wasn't a lengthy hub, but I've written shorter.

Not sure if I'm ready for the full "Extreme Makeover" yet. Oo-er.

5. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Newly published hubs often drop below 50. I think yesterday there was a similar discussion, and the advice is to give it time.