jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What is the best settings for comment capsule?

1. 0
    TopUniverseposted 5 years ago

What is the best settings for comment capsule?

say anyone post comment or only signed in user post comments.

1. Sekharg profile image76
      Sekhargposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Interesting question. I would like to  know about it also.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

If product- or service related hubs, I would recommend allowing non-registered visitors to post comments (as is the default setting). The reason is that someone may want to leave feedback or questions concerning the product or service, which will increase the hub's usefulness. I have also seen examples where comments from non-registered visitors have led to more traffic.

1. OpinionDuck profile image62
      OpinionDuckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are the hubs to be used for personal advertising?

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't have any such hubs, and I have restricted comments capsules to registered members only. But I did read a discussion awhile back where someone considered disabling comments altogether on product-related hubs. That could be like a product review, for example. There, the consensus from the experts was that it was better to leave the comments option open.

Hubs are not supposed to be used purely for personal advertising, as that would make them overly promotional.

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

The comment capsule, to avoid hassle, would be best if you have the first two boxes with checks. It gives you the power to view comments before they reach your hub and shown to the public, while allowing anyone to post a comment.

Just a thought. smile

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is a good option, especially for someone receiving many comments by non-hubbers, where there tend to be self-promotional links and other nuisances.

4. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago

Assuming you are writing about things you actually know and care about, I recommend letting everything fly in comments.  You can delete the spammers, but people who object or have different opinions open the conversation and give you a chance to further develop the ideas you are presenting (or give others a chance if a genuine conversation begins). 

If you're just barfing up regurgitated sales copy to try to get clicks, then you're better off maybe not risking the comments you might get if you've misread something in reading about the product or whatever.  If someone with real knowledge comes in they might set to ripping up your sales pitch and, if you are just cranking out hubs, you may end up at some point with too many to monitor.

If the content is good, you have nothing to lose with comments, IMO.