jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Curious about Hub Stat and Hubbers

1. 0
    cookingdivaposted 5 years ago

I am asking these question of educational curiosity and nothing more.

1. How does someone write a good quality hubs with proper capsules and right copy writing skills under 30 minutes? Mine takes way longer. I have seen many quality hubs by fast Hubbers and some not so great ones too.

2. For those of you write 1-3 hubs a day and that too good quality ones, how do you stay motivated? Are you using some methods that makes it quick editing?

3. How come some Hubber with 0 hub can have many as 40-50 followers? I assume that generally people follow other hubbers if they like the topics and way they write.

4. I have been told by someone and few people join only to take part in forum, that seems bizarre to me, is that true?

1. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago in reply to this

1. Writing a good quality hub takes work. People who do it easily have spent years writing other things, become educated by many things.

2. It's easy to stay motivated when one is seeing the fruit of one's labor. It is also okay to stay motivated when  you can see that you will eventually earn. Of course, it is difficult to stay motivated if one sees no response to what one is doing. Then one must just do one's best to learn as fast as possible. Doing this requires knowledge and expetise and there is a learning curve. We all go through it.
      3. Because some hubbers are followed because they have interesting or nice things to say on the forums or they help other people. Not everyone minds if they don't have hubs.
      4. Yes, some people do only join to take part in the forum. It's not bizarre. It's just what they like to do! smile Most people like forums to a greater or lesser extent because one meets people who have similar interests. smile

1. 0
        cookingdivaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are one of the person who I think writes quality hubs quickly.  Thank you for detailed answer.

1. 0
          Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Cookingdiva, but not really. It's one of those things that I will do a 10 hour day and no one sees the actual work I'm doing! smile However, some do go faster than others. It depends on how familiar one is with the topic one is writing about!

2. Maria Cecilia profile image81
    Maria Ceciliaposted 5 years ago

1. I agree with Sophia Angelique, I believe writers have developed this manner of qucik thinking, it's like when they see a particular subject, they can easily create stories about it. I guess they are aslo aware of "continuity" of the story thing..

2. I agree again with Sophie, many things motivate me to write. my monthly submission of articles to a pet magazine is motivated by my love for my dogs, and my concers to the local dogs in our country..  In hubpages, I like it because it challenges my flexibility to write, and I like it when fellow writers post their comments in my hubs, the last thing that motivated me is the first dollars that my hub earned thru adsense, I mean just by doing my hobbies, I am earning unconsciously

3. Forum helps a lot for a hubber to gain followers... I myself participated in the forum quite late so even if my hub is more than 50, there are hubbers whose hubs are less than 50 but 100% higher to me in the number of followers

4. it's the other way around for me, I was only active in my hub and some followers...it took time for me to finally decide to join some forum which I think made me unpopular (LOL)

1. 0
      cookingdivaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. It is good to see that with passion words can flow faster. I was/am spending bit too much time on forum learning and reading, I finally getting around to publish my drafts now. :-)