jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

My 37th Hub - Need Advice

1. 0
    TopUniverseposted 5 years ago

This is my 37th Hub

Please give your thought on this hub so that I can learn from experienced users here.

1. Poiter profile image60
      Poiterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

with 37 hubs shouldnt you be a experienced user?

1. 0
        TopUniverseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I have some experience in 3 months time but dunno why i am not getting some decent traffic.

2. simeonvisser profile image88
        simeonvisserposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The number of hubs doesn't mean too much though - you can still be writing hubs that don't draw traffic at that time. If your still not doing keyword research or your writing + layout skills aren't great your hubs will still suffer.

2. 0
    Helpful Hannaposted 5 years ago

Try Extreme Hub Makeover.  They know what they are talking about.

1. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is EHM smile

2. 0
      TopUniverseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What do you mean? I am seeing this thread in Extreme Hub Makeover. Didn't you?

1. Pcunix profile image91
        Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you are in the right place.

3. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

My immediate negative reaction is Kontera.  I detest that stuff and usually won't read a hub that uses it.

That has nothing to do with Google directly, of course, but every reader is potentially someone who could give you an organic link and a LOT of people feel as I do, so..

I think your paragraphs are too long for the web. Web readers are scanners and scanners like short paragraphs - yes, your grade school writing teacher would object, but she isn't a web reader.

I like to see more headlines for the same reason. They help scanners lock in on the detail they want.

The subject matter itself leaves me puzzled. I don't know who TCF is or why anyone would care where they locate branches.  I suppose a Midwest reader might have more interest, but if I mentally substitute my local bank, I'm still left feeling very uninterested, which makes me think the target market is small.

It reads like ad copy or a TCF press release. Well done, but I can't think what person would create an organic link to that or pass it on unless that person was a TCF competitor? Why would Joe Consumer share the link with his friends?

I could be all wrong about the interest level, of course,  Let's see what other people think because I am an odd duck and don't react as most might.

1. Poiter profile image60
      Poiterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thats kinda the impression i got with your hair all like that.

2. bogerk profile image86
      bogerkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was about to offer the same advice, which coincidentally is advice I also received from Pcunix.

You want to break up your paragraphs more, create more capsule Headers and make your content more "scannable" for internet readers.

As far as traffic goes, I'm not exactly an expert, but I here patience is key, so stick with it. That's what I am trying to do.

4. lrohner profile image86
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Well, "TFC bank locations" gets almost no traffic. And even if it did, it would take an act of God or Buddha or Allah or whoever to get you ranking in the top 5 or 6. The hub is great. But keywords are holding you back.

5. Mikeydoes profile image82
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

The keyword "TCF bank locations" TCF has more than half of the rankings on the first page. I would have just used those, because it had the locations on there and ready. Seems like most people would never have a chance to see your page.

I assume if I type into "TCF bank locations" I'm looking for one by my house, and that is it.