jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Linking to your hub on other blogs

1. 02SmithA profile image60
    02SmithAposted 8 years ago

I was wondering, if I use google blogsearch to search for other blogs with similar topics and then comment on their post and post a link back to my hub, will that help out the hub score for that article? Do others use this strategy sometimes?

1. guidebaba profile image61
      guidebabaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You are 100% Correct. It Helps. Your Trendy Hubs gives the feeling that you are an experienced Blogger. Great !

2. Sally's Trove profile image99
      Sally's Troveposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I know if you made a thoughtful and topical comment on one of my blogs, and included the link to your discussion of the same topic, I would not only follow your link, but I would want your link in my blog comments so that others can enrich their thoughts with yours.  As SunSeven says, and it's worth repeating, spamming is a no-no.

Another thing you can do to get links back to your Hubs... When you legally incorporate images or text into your Hub that originated elsewhere, send a comment or email back to the original owner telling them how you used their material and including the link to your Hub.  I have had pleasantly surprising traffic increases as a result.

Best regards, S.

3. 0
      terrygposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes. And as always there is an easy trick to do this. If you know me then there is always an easier way to do things on the net. Here is one of those things, its free, to of course, and yes this is part of my strategy.

Edit: Might I also add that 40% of my traffic is search engine traffic. Use this tool as part of your traffic generation arsenal.

2. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 8 years ago

All back links help. smile

3. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

It might be an interesting thing to do, but the problem with that is it can be largely time consuming to put a real comment with a link that someone will not delete. Remember, if you just spam links in comments not only you will not get anyone clicking them, you will be known as a spammer!

4. patnamohan profile image60
    patnamohanposted 8 years ago

It really helps!!! Enjoy traffic

1. SunSeven profile image61
      SunSevenposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Not if you spam! smile

Best Regards

5. nicolap profile image59
    nicolapposted 8 years ago

I published a hub today about the Ethics of Commenting for Backlinks. It's talking about blogs, but the same would definitely apply to hubs.

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Ethics-of-C … -Backlinks

6. 0
    Popular Wealthposted 8 years ago

Commenting for backlinks isn't as usefull as it once was (a good thing). Google, and Technorati actually, got smart and give full value to non nofollow links that were present when the article was published. Links added later outside of "the entry" div don't carry as much weight (and technorati doesn't even recognize them).

Comment for visitors instead, in hopes they visit your site and write about it.