Is there ever a good time to change a bad URL?

1. Carrie Foreword profile image60
    Carrie Forewordposted 6 years ago

Hi

Seven days ago I published my first Hub. After consideration, I wanted to tweak the title and the URL. Today, having looked through the Forum posts about the topic I now understand that I can't change the URL (I have tweaked the title). To make matters worse the Hub has just been indexed by Google - which is an event I was waiting for in order to sign up for Adsense.

What's the view of experienced Hubbers please? Given that the hub is only 7/8 days old should I quickly cut and paste the copy/photos/links into a shorter URL'd hub - and wait for that to be indexed - or should I leave well alone given that it has been indexed? 

I'm inclined to view this as an early learning experience and cut and paste content into a new Hub and try to arrive at a better URL. Several posts have indicated that shorter URLs which accurately reflect content are better because then you can tweak the title a number of times without getting things dislocated (so to speak).

Views would be welcome.

Cheers
    CF

2. Pandoras Box profile image81
    Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago

I've done it a few times. I say do it and move on, and you won't have any regrets or doubts about it, it'll just be done and gone.

But I'm no expert.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Your URL is fine, I think, all the important keywords seem to be there.

working