Is there ever a good time to change a bad URL?

1. Carrie Foreword profile image60
    Carrie Forewordposted 5 years ago

Seven days ago I published my first Hub. After consideration, I wanted to tweak the title and the URL. Today, having looked through the Forum posts about the topic I now understand that I can't change the URL (I have tweaked the title). To make matters worse the Hub has just been indexed by Google - which is an event I was waiting for in order to sign up for Adsense.

What's the view of experienced Hubbers please? Given that the hub is only 7/8 days old should I quickly cut and paste the copy/photos/links into a shorter URL'd hub - and wait for that to be indexed - or should I leave well alone given that it has been indexed? 

I'm inclined to view this as an early learning experience and cut and paste content into a new Hub and try to arrive at a better URL. Several posts have indicated that shorter URLs which accurately reflect content are better because then you can tweak the title a number of times without getting things dislocated (so to speak).

Views would be welcome.

2. Pandoras Box profile image81
    Pandoras Boxposted 5 years ago

I've done it a few times. I say do it and move on, and you won't have any regrets or doubts about it, it'll just be done and gone.

But I'm no expert.

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Your URL is fine, I think, all the important keywords seem to be there.