jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

California Traffic Issue: Do people still read Trial by Declaration?

1. 0
    cookingdivaposted 5 years ago

I have been driving for many years and no tickets, no stopping till now.

I got a lane waddling ticket on end of the month, 30th. I had taken left turn and was going about 10-12 miles an hour. Within a block a motorbike officer who came in front of my car on foot to stop me (re-enforcing that I was going slow).

Ticket was not for slow or fast driving,
    it was not for cellphone, seat belt, everything was a-OK.

I was not changing a lane or taking a turn.

Violation the officer gave me for 2 lane roads, that road was single road. So, violation code would not be valid. Plus I had a witness behind me who saw and gave me signed write up that I was still within the white lane.

I gave pictures, witness signed form, violation code info and everything that was notarized by an official notary who works with court law.

I finally got a letter saying I am guilty of violation. Did they even read it? This really sucks, I am innocent and there are much bigger criminals gets away and law abiding citizen gets punished.

2. 0
    cookingdivaposted 5 years ago

Anyone has any thoughts? Or is this in wrong section?

3. 0
    WildIrisposted 5 years ago

Perhaps the CHP is looking for ways to offset California's budget deficit.

1. 0
      cookingdivaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I believe so also, as I got ticketed on 30th! Yeah, fixing California's budget with innocent drivers...like me!

4. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 5 years ago

Who knows, we saw two CHP officers on our way to San Fran on Sunday - they both passed us and kept going in and out of lanes to get ahead - they must have needed a serious donut
    break because they were speeding with no pull overs or accidents in sight! lol

Sorry - I hope your info stands when you go to court to fight it.

1. 0
      cookingdivaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Who will police the police? I should carry cream donuts with me!  But maybe with judge who knows. This sucks, as I think they have not read my TBD. Violation code itself is not applicable.