jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you read the Declaration of Independence?

1. breathe2travel profile image80
    breathe2travelposted 6 years ago

Have you read the Declaration of Independence?

The United States celebrates the birth of its nation on July 4th -- the day the Declaration of Independence was signed.  Have you read it in full?  Yes or No?

2. prektjr.dc profile image85
    prektjr.dcposted 6 years ago

Yes.  Both in Government classes and the actual document in Washington, D.C. which was VERY inspirational!

3. profile image0
    Dandraposted 6 years ago

Sure. It was a nice theoretical read.                                       .

4. Jonesy0311 profile image61
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I have read it numerous times, but unfortunately have not yet committed it to memory. Every American should own a copy of the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution. I recently spoke to a female friend who asked me why I carried a concealed handgun. I alluded to the 2nd Amendment and the Bill of Rights. Her reply, "The Bill of Rights. Isn't that what freed the slaves?" Ouch.

5. Lisa HW profile image75
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Yes.  It's something I read as a kid, of course; but since I've been an adult, I've read it a few times.

6. pbsandwichofdoom profile image96
    pbsandwichofdoomposted 6 years ago

Yep. We read it several times in social studies and government classes when I was younger and later studied it alongside Jefferson's "Notes on the State of Virginia" in an American literature class.