jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Link Suggestion Feature

1. 6 String Veteran profile image85
    6 String Veteranposted 6 years ago

Hi all. New to HubPages and am having diff with the link suggestion feature. When I click on a highlighted word, nothing happens. I tried 'Shift + refresh page' as was suggested somewhere on the site but to no avail.

Any suggestions? I am set to publish my first fabulous hub...!

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

You may have better luck with some browsers than others, Firefox and Google Chrome tend to work best on HubPages.

6 String Veteranposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I'm using Firefox and I'll give it another try.

The other way, of course, is to manually simulate the Link Suggestion feature...requiring the browsing of Hubpages for relevant links...more time-consuming but not a bad thing.

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

Hmm.. I've not had that problem, no matter what browser I'm on.

Interestingly, both Hub Pages and another site at which I write both say they are "optimized" for Firefox...and said browser was touted as being 'more stable.'

I have not found that to be the case.  I've had far more freeze-ups with Firefox than with IE 8, which is my default browser.  I can have 8 to 11 tabs open in IE 8 before it starts to get twitchy; not so with Firefox--or Google Chrome, for that matter.  Neither of them care to deal with more than about 5 tabs open.

In spite of the "optimized for Firefox" claims, I've not had any problems at all using IE.

Best wishes to all.

6 String Veteranposted 6 years ago in reply to this

DzyMsLizzy, thanks. I'll try the Link Suggestion tool agn but I'm ready to explore Hbpgs to get relevant links. Good way to make friends too, I guess.

1. Michael Willis profile image77
        Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I use Firefox and sometimes the Suggested Links is just slow. May need to wait longer at times for it to open suggestions.

working