Check out the New HubKarma feature

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (105 posts)
  1. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

On your profile page.  Too cool!  Thanks HubPages team. smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So what's yours? smile

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
        Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And your's?

41 so far...I haven't used the links tool that much. Right now it's giving me problems by deleting spaces.

2. Rafini profile image83
      Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm at 39 - I checked a hub and added a couple links.  Too cool, I like it!!

2. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 13 years ago

Hubkarma seems to be something that isn't shared with other hubbers. This must be one of them secret althroims to the overall Hubscore unless they just added it to the equation. It seems cool but its not overall helpful, also when I clicked on link suggestion button it FROZE my firefox. I don't know if it was a one time freeze or not but it had two errors about the script.

~thranax~

1. Beth100 profile image69
      Beth100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The score doesn't mean too much to me, but having the ability to link without doing manually is a time saver.  Perhaps this will encourage hubbers to support each others' hub through linking.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think I know what it's for. 

HubPages wants to encourage us all to link to each other's Hubs (especially using the new link suggestion tool).  I've been hesitant about that, because in general I'd prefer readers to stay and click on my ads, not go off and click on someone else's!

The email did say they'd be developing ways of encouraging Hubbers to link to other Hubs, which would help people like me get over their reservations.  I'm guessing HubKarma is one of them.

I'd be curious to know whether it's judged on how much we use the suggestion tool, or by how much we interlink in general (e.g. by RSS feeds etc).

3. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF
      Fawntiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please report any problems you have with the tool in the Report a Problem forum. If by "froze" you mean that your Hub had a white curtain over it, then please be assured that that's supposed to happen and is not a bug. If you could let me know which Hub you were visiting when the problem occurred, what the errors said, and what browser you were using, then I will do my best to fix the problem. Thanks.

3. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

Pretty cool.  smile

4. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

Why is it cool?

1. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep. The name Karma does not make much sense to me in relation to this - umm - measure...

I guess it's how much you help your fellow hubbers.

1. Misha profile image62

I help my fellow hubbers in different ways, other than linking to them... and it still does not make sense real karma-wise

1. SunSeven profile image61
            SunSevenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That you do in lots Misha, smile
            Best Regards

2. Smart Rookie profile image61
        Smart Rookieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Linking across the site makes Hubpages stronger, I guess. More links on the site means visitors might stay on Hubpages a little longer. That's just my impression.

1. Misha profile image62

Yes, I do understand the reasoning behind this. I can't say I am happy cause I am a lonely wolf that decides for himself whom he links to - yet this really does not matter. I just don't understand why karma? It does not really fit.

1. deosfluviatilis profile image73
            deosfluviatilisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you and the other guy or two. With all the sidebar related links, we really don't need to add more related links. Doing so -especially in an automatic way- means we lose influence over the viewer's flow, impression and experience.

If I were to participate, I'd feel compelled to do it manually, reviewing everything ahead of time. Which I really don't feel I ought to waste time doing. Sure it benefits hubpages, but it would be just another distraction to me and my viewers.

Such is business though. Kudos to HP, I'll have to see how bad the damage to my author score is. I suspect it won't be enough to make me feel blackmailed.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

Deleted

Will it review them for me too? Don't think you got my point. Why would I suggest somebody else read something I haven't?

1. sunforged profile image71
                  sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thats my concern too - I only link to things I have reviewed.

Try the tool and you'll see.  When you hover over the name of the Hub, you can see a preview.  You can usually see enough in the preview to recognise whether it's well written or not. 

If you're active in the community, you'll also recognise the quality authors whom you can link to with confidence, sight unseen.

You can preview the suggested links before linking

3. Andrew0208 profile image57
        Andrew0208posted 13 years agoin reply to this

This feature is actually great, but I got thinking about the need of using the word "Karma" to express it.

2. Beth100 profile image69

I've been linking manually and trying to find hubs that are related to what I have written.  This provides suggestions for compatible hub and links them automatically.  It's quite the time saver for finding the hubs, and for linking. 

Have you tried it?

The Hubpages author hubscore is now effected by Hubkarma which now means my individual efforts are cheapened in the overall algorithm by a new group factor.

why would that be cool?

I already share my traffic with Hubpages as a whole via the big sidebar full of semi related hubs and related forums.

But, if I had linked one of your articles in my hub, and a reader clicked it and went to you, it would benefit you.  I may lose a click or two, but perhaps another hubber would have linked my hub to one of theirs.  Theoretically, all participating hubbers would benefit. 

How do you know that this is being used to calculate hubber score?  I didn't realize that HP had divulged their secret formula.  I missed it?!? yikes

Yes, that's the idea - the concern is, will they?

Click on the "what's this" and it tells you.

That was my concern when I first began linking other hubber articles to mine when I first joined HP.  I tackled this by contacting the hubber and 1. asking permission to link and 2. requesting that they consider linking my hub into theirs if my hub was of quality.  So far, I have batted 100%.  smile 

ha  ha ha  I didn't read the fine print!!  My bad!  Also, I just read Paul Deeds intro for the tool.  My mistake!  Sorry.

2. deosfluviatilis profile image73

28.What is HubKarma?
            HubKarma is a score that reflects the degree to which you link to others' Hubs and to Community pages in your Hubs. Hubs that point to relevant Hubs enhance readers' experience on HubPages and improve HubPages credibility as a trusted resource for quality content. HubKarma influences your author HubScore and is on a 0-100 scale. The link suggestion tool makes linking to other Hubs and Topic pages easier.

2. darkside profile image65
          darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess it doesn't take into account links with trackers in it, hence my HubberScore dropping to 90.

Though I have been saying since forever that HubberScore doesn't matter, as long as you're over 75, so now I get to prove it.

I won't be linking to other peoples hubs without a referral tracker. If I get kicked in the HubNuts then so be it.

We can modify the links to add a referral tracker.  Hey!  I need to do that!  big_smile

2. Eric Calderwood profile image79
        Eric Calderwoodposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I made a few of these related hubs links through the karma feature and now find two of them to be unacceptable.  I can't find any way to delete them.  Anybody know how?

1. IzzyM profile image86
          IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As far as I know all you have to do is put your hub in edit mode and clear the link from the hyperlink box.

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
            Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is correct.  Just "edit" and break the link.

Thank you!

5. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 13 years ago

I don't get it! I am confused. it says it will add a link that it suggests and when I looked after using it, I couldn't see the link on my hub page! am I stupid or am I missing something? help please.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did you press the green '+' button?

the green highlighted word(s) become the new link

3. Beth100 profile image69

The text will become a hyperlink.  It will show up blue.  If you click the highlighted text, it will open the link in a new window.  Before, you had to open the capsule, edit, hilight the word and hit the link icon.  After that, you had to fill in all the boxes.  Now, it's hit the + to add it.

1. Nell Rose profile image90
        Nell Roseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Beth, I get it now, sorry, I was thinking it would put up the link like the ones we add at the bottom of our hubs!

You're welcome Nell.

@ Thranax -- interesting concept.  I'll have to think about it more.

@ HP -- is there a way to choose the hub that you would like to link if it is not in the suggestion box?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
            Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I haven't found anything like that in link suggestion tool. However, I add links manually while opening the hub in edit mode.
            Good suggestion anyways.

6. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 13 years ago

Well its working for me now, for some reason it made a whole paragraph of text BOLD and there is no option to add a tracker or other link information.

Why its named Karma? I get this definition of Karma:

Karma - When you link and send traffic to other people's hubs. This makes them not click on your ads and will click on them. It also means more tracker use will be used stealing the profits of your traffic to the sender. Karma exchanges:
    You
    -Adsense on your own pages BUT
    +Search engine ranking
    Them
    +traffic to there pages (empty due to tracker)

One gets a cut in pay and the other gets a false sense of accomplishment by receiving many page-views with no clicks.

Awesome. Very Karma-like.

~thranax~

Just reverse it for someone adding a link to your hubs.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes, that would be true, wouldn't it. I guess therein is the karma. 

I wonder if it also includes our hubmob rss feeds, linking to other hubs in a link capsule...?

When I try to click on the "Suggest Links" button on my hubs it just freezes Safari until I stop the script.  I read in a comment above that it freezes someone's Firefox browser as well.  Is there some tip or trick to prevent this?

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it shows up white, but doesn't really freeze, I use FF and it doesn't freeze. click on the highlighted word to see if you want to link, if so, click on the white plus sign.
        if you don't want to continue checking, over on the right, it says stop suggesting links and it returns to normal.

1. Eric Calderwood profile image79

Thank you!

7. brianzen profile image61
    brianzenposted 13 years ago

Mine is only eight... so sadly in my next life I will be a lizard!

8. sunforged profile image71

It also doesnt seem to take in account hub based rss feeds.

I have added over 240 links to other hubpage users hubs in the last 30 days.

Unless, a HubKarma of 47 is on the higher scale.

1. Misha profile image62

Probably yeah, cause mine is 40

I would think in the scheme of things 240 links to other hub authors in the last 30 days would be on the exceptionally high scale.

Yea, I agree with you there.

I'm sitting at a 37 but I don't have nearly as many links as you do.  What gives?!?

1. Ign Andy profile image58
            Ign Andyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mine is 49 though I never use any rss link to other hubbers.

Just reposting because there were so many other posts while I edited mine.

Paul Deeds has replied on the other thread to say it does count RSS feeds and links capsules.

However I'm wondering whether an RSS feed counts as one link, since I also have a lot of those and my score is only 40.  It would make sense, bearing in mind that an RSS feed to your own website isn't counted as multiple links (otherwise it would trigger the OP filter).

2. darkside profile image65
        darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll make an assumption that under 50 means you take a negative hit on your HubScore, because I'm sure you two, as well as myself, had higher HubberScores than what we currently have.

Houston, we have a solution. 

Paul has just responded on the other thread that it does include RSS feeds and links capsules.

So a strategy similar to what I use for reference links would work - adding a feed at the end of the Hub.

My score is currently 40, too.

9. Origin profile image59
    Originposted 13 years ago

I dislike the idea behind it, if I link to another hubber it's because he/she has useful information, and now it feels like I must in order to attain a higher score. It feels very unnatural and artificial.

What if you link to other hubs, but those other hubs are your own, does it increase your score? I think if they go this route then that should be the case, because I have no problems linking to my own hubs, especially if they are parts of a whole.

1. mrpopo profile image73
      mrpopoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not really, just link to another hubber because he/she has useful information and you'll get rewarded for it, that's all smile

1. Origin profile image59
        Originposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If this has 0 impact on any statistics aside from the Karma score, then I'll just ignore the whole thing. I too understand why HP is doing it, but it doesn't mean I agree with it. This, if it influences other HP statistics, now makes me feel forced to link to other peoples, which then feels unnatural and against the flow of things. I'll only link to other people's if it warrants it, not because I get a bump in the score.

10. mrpopo profile image73
    mrpopoposted 13 years ago

This is cool, but my score is pathetically low XD

1. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

My score is low too. Bit I am always willing to pimp another hubbers work , even though I am a selfish self centered SOB ! smile

1. mrpopo profile image73
        mrpopoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

LOL, but this is one aspect of it that worries me a bit.

There is always some tension between the social side of Hubbing and the business side of Hubbing.  Very social Hubbers want a thank-you for every comment and every fan reciprocated, whereas business-focussed Hubbers treat HubPages like their office (be friendly and help others out, but don't waste time chit-chatting). 

I can see this becoming part of the same thing. The networkers will link to here and back, while the business Hubbers will be reluctant to link at all - and be accused of being "selfish self centered SOB's" when in fact, it's more like asking a store owner to give away his product for nothing.

That sums it up pretty well.

11. sunforged profile image71

Well i just played with the link suggestion tool, i was not part of the beta test..since the suggestions often included my own hubs (prob as i always write in related groups) I could see how that may be a time saver later.

The Hubkarma aspect is meaningless to me - I just was curious about why the OP thought it was cool? ..because its new? or did they often link to other hubbers and now think its nifty that its made easier for them?

I think its cool cuz the new linking feature (not the Karma) can introduce us to other hubbers we didn't know existed before.

http://60dc.hubsacademy.com/images/smilies/icon_sunny.gif

That reason works for me! I do appreciate it when  I am unintentionally railroaded into discovering new authors.

(But thats a side effect of the linking tool - not of hubkarma)

The related links often do this for me when Im reviewing a recently published hub.

12. deosfluviatilis profile image73
    deosfluviatilisposted 13 years ago

I have 32 karma score and I've never linked to anybody else's anything in this account.

Maybe all old ones don't count.

13. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

So, with this Hub Karma, everyone who participates in the HubMob and posts the RSS feed gets a bump in their Hub Karma.  cool

1. Edweirdo profile image84
      Edweirdoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And anyone who wants to game the Karma score by adding that feed does to sad

I see lots of room here for intended and unintended misuse/abuse...

I don't think RSS feeds make a big difference, because Sunforged and I are only at 40.  How's yours?

If someone decides to put the HubMob feed on their Hub, it doesn't do anyone any harm - after all, it doesn't mean their Hub gets included.

1. Edweirdo profile image84
          Edweirdoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm at 41, but all of my other RSS feeds pre-60dc point only at my own hubs, and I'm sure self-linking is not counted for Karma...

I'm thinking there are some kinks to iron out because I don't have that many links but my score is 39.

14. brianzen profile image61

Maybe it is a message... (about popularity)

15. Origin profile image59
    Originposted 13 years ago

I think it would be better to just use and keep the "related articles" in the sidebar, and not do it this way.

1. jj200 profile image64
      jj200posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree. Adding these links is totally distracting to the reader. I know when I see the blue text words in hubs I get curious about them and sometimes stop in the middle of reading to go to the link... and never make it back to finish the hub. (Am I a bad person....hub karma will get to me in the end...).

I think that the sidebar related hubs and RSS are much less imposing to the reader and to the writer. I know this linking feature existed before, they are just making it easier, but I'd rather see hub pages spend their time working on features that are more important. Creating hub karma and focusing on the hyperlink within our own writing makes me feel compelled to use this and I don't like to. I don't think many writers would. I'd love to hear more rationale and explanation behind this addition.

By the way my score is 43 and I've linked a grand total of 3 times (via hub mob). I'm still trying to figure out how this website works...

Thanks for all the good responses, I learned a lot today.

16. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I'm at 38. OK I accept I might just possibly be really thick, but can someone explain to me the benefits of linking to other hubs? Yeah it's nice to meet hubbers you didn't know existed etc etc but our target audience is search engine traffic, not other hubbers.
    And we don't really want our search engine traffic to go look at those other hubbers - we want their exit from our hub to happen when they click on an affiliate link.
    Hubpages is a business. Is this to keep readers on hubpages for longer regardless?

Internal linking, even though not as good as external linking (links coming to and from sites), is good for SEO and helps you and others (the people you've linked to) rank higher.

edit.

I dislike how they are going about this, like I said it feels unnatural now, and it feels like we 'must' do it. That's why I hope it doesn't impact any other statistics, if not then I don't care about my score. I'll link to other hubbers and sites when I feel that I should, and when the content warrants it.

Izzy, look at the people on this thread who dislike the feature - Darkside, Sunforged, Misha, Thisisoli.  Are you seeing a pattern?

These are all financially successful Hubbers. They've always said they don't give away free links on their websites or Hubs.

*raises hand*

I dislike it too! big_smile

1. netlexis profile image64
          netlexisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Add me to the "no like" list, too. As Origin said, it feels unnatural.

1. Sally's Trove profile image78
            Sally's Troveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ditto.

As shadesbreath did, I also shared my opinion in another thread (it appears there are at least three of them going on this HubKarma topic).

17. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

35 here, I think I'm gonna need more incentive than a slightly better hubscore to make me send my traffic to other peoples adverts.  Maybe if the link tool automatically inserted my tracker I would be a little more interested.

18. jdaviswrites profile image72
    jdaviswritesposted 13 years ago

i'm at 31... i always thought i was a nice guy? i can see how this internal linking is good for other hubbers, but like many of you have noted, we want readers to click on google links first and foremost, then links to other related hubs of our own....then to other hubbers. this will be interesting to see how hubkarma pans out.

Probably the same way the hubmobs do. wink

19. Edweirdo profile image84
    Edweirdoposted 13 years ago

I have an image in my head of hubs filled with blue links on every possible suggested keyword as someone makes an ill-advised attempt to raise their scores yikes

EDIT

Hopefully there could be a limit of some kind? I know Paul pointed out that we should use this tool with discretion, but if we can't even be trusted to add links to our images, I don't know that "discretion" will come into play tongue

then add the potential that the same type of user would be a Kontera fan!

yuk!

20. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I guess yesterday when I was on 100 wil be the last time I see that...aww well it doesn't make any difference to my viewing figures.
    Not only not happy at feeling forced into this, but I get script errors anytime I try to add a link.

Izzy, I don't think you should feel forced into this.  Remember we're always saying HubScore doesn't matter - like Darkside said, now we'll finally find out whether we mean it!

One strategy would be to add an RSS feed of related Hubs right at the end of your Hub, below the comments - most readers won't scroll down that far, but Google will see it so other hubbers will still get the Hublove. 

I do that already with a News capsule, so I'll just put the RSS capsule there too.

1. thisisoli profile image72
        thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hadn't thought of this, maybe this kind of HubKarma will help boost the Hubtrail project?

2. deosfluviatilis profile image73

How would you do that Marisa? RSS feed to related hubs?

You add a RSS capsule then paste in a HubPages RSS feed, like this:

http://hubpages.com/tag/[tag name]/best/?rss

You could choose any tag and choose "hot" or "latest" instead of "best".  For instance, when I'm writing about ballet, I could add:

http://hubpages.com/tag/ballet/hot/?rss

1. Anesidora profile image61
            Anesidoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Marisa. That sounds okay. I put news capsules below the comments too, so your suggestion would make good sense.

21. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I think this is good thing for Hubpages overall, but a bad thing for those hubbers who put in the most effort (If they try to increase their hubkarma score)

However, I suppose it might just push me in to placing the odd link on to some of my non-commercial hubs, guess we will just have to wait and see how it pans out.

If everyone was giving out an equal amount of traffic I wouldn't mind so much.  Unfortunately this seems like a perfectly simple way of giving away possible profit!

Either way, HubKarma only appears to affect Hubscore, which is not really anything that affects earnings, so the good thing about HubKarma is that it is completely voluntary, and maybe it will bring a bit more charity to Hubpages!

22. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

so, it seems those with more hubs will have a higher score?
    I wonder if it's in proportion to how many hubs you have or if it's just a certain number of links that determines the score.

At this point I think it's totally random. I've never linked to anybody out of this account.

23. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

lol  this gave me a chuckle,edweirdo, looking at your avatar and reading this line.

I do link to other hubbers, but not on all of my hubs. it has to be a really decent hub that will give additional info on the exact word and context of my hub.

24. brianzen profile image61

Mine is only an eight... oh well, back to stuff I care about.

1. Anesidora profile image61
      Anesidoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile

Me, too. Wasted enough time on this already.

25. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

I made my opinion in the other post on this.  (I hate when there are two threads going on the same thing.  I'm too lazy to read the same stuff twice--sigh--and I usually find the wrong one first.)

26. Derek D profile image61
    Derek Dposted 13 years ago

I have a Hub Karma score of 48. I'm not sure how important or what affect this score will have overall, but I think the linking tool is a great idea.

Derek, you from Duluth?

27. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

I think it is a lovely idea - for Hubpages.  Just remember it is a completely arbitrary number and in no way will affect your earnings. I know people like to look at numbers going upwards, I sure do.  Just look at the numbers on your Adsense page, not your hubscores or karmas or this or that and you'll be less frustrated.

28. Hub Llama profile image64
    Hub Llamaposted 13 years ago

Everyone relax. It says that HubKarma has a SMALL affect on your HubRank. Unless you are treading the line and constantly having to tweak your spammy hubs to keep your score up, it won't matter too much... yet.

They do say that it is a work in progress and will be updated.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/What-Is-HubKarma

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)