jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (29 posts)

Squidoo

1. Brie Hoffman profile image80
    Brie Hoffmanposted 6 years ago

Can I put my hubs on Squidoo or would that be duplicating content?

1. Randy Godwin profile image92
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes.

2. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hubpages doesn't actually penalize you for having duplicate content on other websites  - however Google tends to hide the results of websites with the same content so there's no point having exactly the same content in multiple places - you can though create a parallel article that enhances your Hubpage.

3. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Squidoo is now starting to penalize lensmasters for having duplicated content.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
        prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't think so, I just wrote them a letter last week about one of my hub which was copied there and they responded to me saying that I have to check it out with the lens owner. There is no way to contact the lens owner and so I responded by telling them about it. They didn't answer my email. I emailed again and still no response. I don't think they are particular with duplicate contents on their site. I even told them that that the owner copied all his/her lenses. Guess google will get back at them in no time.

4. ImChemist profile image60
      ImChemistposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can modify it so its not appear like duplicate.

5. kschang profile image90
      kschangposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've read some Squidoo articles and I am not too impressed with the quality of stuff over there.

6. Daisydot profile image59
      Daisydotposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Squidoo doesn't like duplicate content - and if one of the community stumbles on your lens and finds duplicates, they will likely report you and your lens will get locked.

If you want to create a lens, why not write a fresh article? After all you've already done the research so it shouldn't take you that long.

7. lakeerieartists profile image79
      lakeerieartistsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Bottom line, I wouldn't recommend it any not just on Squidoo but anywhere.

2. Brie Hoffman profile image80
    Brie Hoffmanposted 6 years ago

After having read some hubs about Squidoo I think I'll just stick to Hubpages.

1. ChuckHuckaby profile image59
      ChuckHuckabyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I tried Squidoo a while back. I have been much happier with Hub Pages

2. Christene profile image81
      Christeneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What did you read that changed your mind?

3. Flynn the Cat profile image80
      Flynn the Catposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm a Squidooer who's trying to figure out Hubpages (just trying to diversify ;D I love my Squidoo), and I will say that most of the 'Squidoo vs Hubpages' articles I've read tend to have a lot of errors in (e.g. being 3 years out of date, that sort of thing).

4. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you're right and they don't remove duplicate contents in their site

1. Flynn the Cat profile image80
        Flynn the Catposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They do if it's reported.

1. lakeerieartists profile image79
          lakeerieartistsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Squidoo's staff is small and does not always see duplicate content unless it is reported.  If you report it, they should take it down.

It doesn't happen instantaneously though.

3. thisisoli profile image59
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

It is hard to modify content so that Google does nto spot it, it is also bad SEO practice, especialy now Google is (or soon will be) expelling people from Adsense who violate copyright, removing sites from the Google rankings who use duplicate content, article spinners, etc.

The sites that have been cheating the system for the last few years are going to be in for a real shock over the next few months.

IM Chemist what is your background in Internet Marketing?

1. Princessa profile image84
      Princessaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That sounds like great news, I am fed up of having hubs copied in other sites.  Sometimes it is easy to have them removed, but other times it is almost impossible, so I take this as good news.

2. BRIAN SLATER profile image84
      BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thisisoli- when do you expect google to start doing what you have said.?

1. thisisoli profile image59
        thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Over the next few months.  Google has already made the PR Release about how Duplicate content has no benefit to people searching, and how it is nearly always a promotional tactic.  Article spinners are also far from safe. Bad grammar is penalized by Google, and switching articles and words around is really not fooling anybody, especially not Google.

3. Brie Hoffman profile image80
      Brie Hoffmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thisoli:  Does that mean if we put links on other sites ..is that considered duplicate content?

4. steffer profile image56
    stefferposted 6 years ago

I am not approving duped content, but on the other hand, with millions of articles online, often it's hard to write unique content.

has ever one of you written a hub, a half hour to an hour of work put into it, you tried to make it as good as you can, you publish it, and then get a dupe warning on the fly.

Like Thisisolie says, it's hard to modify, on the other hand, expelling people who are using article spinners, seems stupid to me, cause you are creating new content, spinned or not, it's still unique.

I don't know, i'm just thinking that it's getting all harder these days.

yet, when people get banned from adsense, there are still plenty of alternatives, only to bad for so many people here on hubpages got banned from adsense and don't have an alternative like adbrite or chitika.

1. snakebaby profile image74
      snakebabyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Searching for something about squidoo, and found your answer interesting. I've never experienced hubs being detected as duplicate after I spent hours on it to write myself. If your hub is identified as duplicate by hubpages, then you must have used too much of content grabbed directly from other sites, or no way it would be looked as duplicate. It never happened to my hubs, except for few of my own hubs that I duplicated here when I had no idea hubpages didn't like duplicates, everything was basically original, I use very little of other people's original words.

5. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

it sounds like people are "spinning" their own articles...
    Google wouldn't know the difference...

6. profile image0
    Aleister888posted 6 years ago

I write a lot of articles, but i can honestly say i have never spun one, i believe very strongly in quality, and if i want to write about a similar topic on another website, i manually just re write it... sure it takes time, but its always unique ^_^

As for squidoo, i think its a brilliant website, but i have always preferred hub pages because of its clean website design.

7. Singular Investor profile image81
    Singular Investorposted 6 years ago

Squidoo is supposed to be useful for backlinks but I have always found it so slow that it becomes totally infuriating so I just go away and leave it alone

8. brandonhart100 profile image83
    brandonhart100posted 6 years ago

I use Squidoo for writing unique content that eventually links back here.

9. mymagicview profile image55
    mymagicviewposted 6 years ago

It would always be good to write unique articles anywhere over internet.

10. Vcize profile image60
    Vcizeposted 6 years ago

Just rewrite the same article again from scratch.  Even if you're not trying to make it completely different, it will end up different enough so long as you've left a couple days in between to clear your brain of what you wrote before.

working