jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Your climate, do you like it?

1. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

Do you actually like the climate of your country? Or do you want to move somewhere else and where then? I find in Canada(Toronto) it is too cold in winter and too hot and humid in summer. I'd prefer something milder. No +30C or -30C, please. Right now it's okay but couple of days ago it was just murder!

1. 0
      ssaulposted 5 years ago in reply to this

right now i am in Barbados and its windy, sunny and beautiful couldn't ask for better! smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
        Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are you looking for a roommate? smile

1. 0
          ssaulposted 5 years ago in reply to this

sure any time you are welcome! You would love the scenery and change in weather, its a blessing to have warm weather year round, lol! big_smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

No I don't like it. I'm in Kitchener. The winter is too long and the summer is too short. I'd be happy with one season...spring.

1. 0
      Home Girlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And spring is too short in Canada.  I guess we are in one boat, UW. Kitchener is not better than Toronto, just smaller.

1. Christy Goff profile image60
        Christy Goffposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Most of the time I love it, I live about ten miles from Texas on the Oklahoma side.  Last year was crazy, but right now its 55 degrees.

3. leahlefler profile image98
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

I'm near Buffalo (NY), so we have pretty similar weather: the winters are too long and the summers are too short! I grew up in Southern California, and the coastal areas are absolutely wonderful. They are never too cold in the winter, and the summers are beautiful (though sometimes foggy).

4. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

It is pretty nice in Texas right now, the Summer time can get a little exhausting though. 

I have to admit though, I prefer the 95% sunshine over the 95% cloud cover back in England.

5. 0
    Muldanianposted 5 years ago

I'm in England, and do get a bit bored with rain and grey skies.  At least in the summer, the rain is slightly warmer.

6. rachaelgerk profile image61
    rachaelgerkposted 5 years ago

I live in Hawaii, and I wouldn't trade the climate for anything after living on the main land. I love it here! Breezes, sun, rain, beauty...

7. TahoeDoc profile image94
    TahoeDocposted 5 years ago

Lake Tahoe, California here. It's 45 degrees (F) and sunny today and you can go out comfortably with just a sweater. The sun and altitude make it feel about 10 degrees warmer all the time.

We have all 4 seasons (spring and fall can be short) and it can snow anytime. The only month I haven't seen snow personally is July. The summer and winter, except when it's storming which can be brutal, are pretty mild. It's the perfect compromise for us.