What do you prefer? Summer or Winter?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (18 posts)
  1. EinsFloW profile image65
    EinsFloWposted 13 years ago

What do you prefer? Summer or Winter?

2. L.C. Smith profile image62
    L.C. Smithposted 13 years ago

I love a little something about both, but if I had to pick...it would be Summer.  Give me some swimming and fun in the sun!  I'd rather be too hot outside, than too cold.

3. profile image0
    TechTrendyposted 13 years ago

Summer without a doubt! It's the reason I'm living in Florida and not Ohio anymore.

4. j.amie profile image60
    j.amieposted 13 years ago

Every season is fine in it's own time. Back home summer was never-ending, so I've had my fill.  I would take eternal winter.

5. lilian_sg profile image62
    lilian_sgposted 13 years ago

neither. One is too hot , the other is too cold.
    I prefer autumn smile

6. dman12323 profile image60
    dman12323posted 13 years ago

I love summer because of the sun and the heat,going to the beach!I hate winter because of how cold it is,although I love playing in the snow!

7. profile image0
    Charlinexposted 13 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/3546918_f260.jpg

Probably summer, especially our Canadian winter is long. But I love fresh snow too.

8. brimancandy profile image77
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

The only season I don't like is Winter. I can't stand it. I enjoy the late spring, as everything is blooming, and it isn't blazing hot outside quite yet. And I love the fall, because all of the colors coming out in the trees, and, it is still warm enough to go out walking and enjoy it.

I think I like summer for a different reason. It's not really the weather that I enjoy, but, there are several places that I like to go that are only open during the summer, like amusement parks, camp grounds, and the beach. But, I could certainly do without the summer heat! But, it happens to be the only time of the year when all the fun stuff happens.

Winter sucks rocks. I used to like it when I was a kid, but, now I just can't wait for it to be over.

9. FloBe profile image65
    FloBeposted 13 years ago

Definitely Summer! I like not only the sunshine and warmer weather, but the activity in nature, the beauty of flowers, the freedom of not needing heavy clothing, etc. Strangely enough I also read more in summer and watch TV more in winter. Winter is gloomy and depressive for me.

10. point2make profile image61
    point2makeposted 13 years ago

I love summer. Give me the warm gentle breezes of a summer evening and I am happy........but winter....YuK!!!, I hate the cold....but I especially hate...SNOW!!!!   I have a passionate hatred for snow so much so that it has recently escalated. I now not only hate snow I hate each individual FLAKE!!!!  I take heart in knowing there are only 212 more days until July......or is that 211?

11. royalbert profile image58
    royalbertposted 13 years ago

Definitely winter. Because I live in a hot place and don't get much of cold

12. home witch profile image68
    home witchposted 13 years ago

I love both, though if I had to choose I guess it would be summer. We have so much more we can do when the sun is shining.

13. Veianet profile image57
    Veianetposted 13 years ago

Can I say Spring? or maybe summer, where the blooms are plenty and the sun bright to make my day. It is the time to go out and enjoy life with all the activities you can do, sweaty and healthy. And oh, btw, the fruits are in season too.

14. rotl profile image60
    rotlposted 13 years ago

Definitely summer. I hate cold weather and the short, dark, dreary winter days.

15. bigdogacb profile image60
    bigdogacbposted 13 years ago

winter is the best, sure being cold isn't fun, but its is soo much better than being hot. plus you sleep better when it's cold

16. carlo_olano profile image62
    carlo_olanoposted 12 years ago

Summer!!!...beach!!! hot women wink

Winter is too cold for me.

17. stariswhoiam profile image59
    stariswhoiamposted 12 years ago

summer i like the warm weather.
    i know someone that LOVES snow,
    it's so cute,
    they talked about making a snow angel in their tee-shirt

18. Vvitta profile image80
    Vvittaposted 9 years ago

Since it is summer every day here in Malaysia, I am going to go for something totally the opposite. I prefer Winter. The colder the better.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)