jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Can I post my Hub on my website?

1. webstuff4u profile image59
    webstuff4uposted 5 years ago

I know that my Hub has to be original, but is it okay to post it on my website as well? Or will my hub get deleted?

And if it will get deleted what's to stop competitors from posting it on a free Web 2.0 site to get your Hub deleted?

Thanks

1. To Start Again profile image84
      To Start Againposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It will get flagged as duplicate content, not deleted just unpublished so some random person can't get your stuff deleted, but they can try to post it elsewhere. HP will notify you if your hub is a duplicate.

2. paradigmsearch profile image87
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sure, you can post it. But HP will hunt you down and… smile

1. shazwellyn profile image84
        shazwellynposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol lol lol

3. Uninvited Writer profile image84
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Why not write a short blurb about the article and link it on your blog.

4. shazwellyn profile image84
      shazwellynposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can post a link from your website which is advantageous to you with an introduction paragraph (good for backlinking).  If you copy and paste your hub, then it would flag up as copied content.  Too much of this, HubPages will penalise your hub and authorscores.  Google doesnt like copied content and although, dont penalise you, it wont help your position in the search results.

It is always best to write original content and have it in one place.  You can get away with copying and pasting a small section of the hub, but to copy it out fully wont do yourself or the hub any good.  Better that you create your own synopses yourself however.

If you want to help yourself.  I can see one thing that you can do to improve traffic flow to your hubs... increase your authorscore by producing lots of good quality content here on Hubpages to above 74.  Your hubs will then become dofollow!

p.s. Hubpages wont delete your hub, if it hasnt already been published elsewhere before you publish it here.  Original content is the name of the game!

2. tritrain profile image74
    tritrainposted 5 years ago

But you could certainly link to it, with a description of it.

That would be a good idea!

3. weblog profile image60
    weblogposted 5 years ago

You can still have the duplicate content in the hub, but the hubscore will be less as a result of penalty. Also, a hub that has duplicate content cannot have outgoing links in it.

4. webstuff4u profile image59
    webstuff4uposted 5 years ago

Wow...went away for a couple of minutes and came back to a bunch of replies.

Thanks for the replies smile

1. kannanwrites profile image83
      kannanwritesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Uninvited Writer has a good suggestion.

working